future drag week questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future drag week questions

hi everyone. creating this thread for questions i have now and im sure i will have in the future. i have never been to drag week before i and plan on attending next year.

couple of the questions i currently have are...

-do i really have to have blinkers? i could put them on my car on a toggle switch or something, just didnt make sense that it would be needed since its legal to just use arm signals on the road.

-probably a dumb questions, but are mini generators allowed at the tracks?

-how much does it cost to register a second driver on the car? i couldnt find that info anywhere.

-i read something about there possibly being "host" hotels for drag week? is that right? does that mean they have X amount of rooms set aside for drag week participants to book them?

im sure ill come up with more questions later.

thanks for the help

Kenny

You need blinkers working when you go through the registration/tech inspection process the Sunday before racing starts. They are never checked again. (also horn, brake, tail lights, and of course insurance and registration for the vehicle that you will race, and yes they look at the VIN)

Mini generators are allowed at the tracks.

The second driver is free, unless he wants to actually drive the car down the drag strip, in which case he needs to cough up $50 for a special wrist band.

There is something about "host" hotels, that's where the Hot Rod staff stays, but no need for you to worry about that--get your room wherever you want, as soon as you can, they fill up quick as soon as the dates/places are announced.

welcome to the insanity.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

thanks for the reply squirrel.

next question.

-for the STREET RACE class (class i plan on entering) i did not see any mention of exhaust rules. so im assuming there are no limits. but just to be sure, can i run open headers? how about fender exit headers?

Comment

basically if it meets nhra tech you can do whatever you want, however open headers gets really annoying on a 1000 mile drive and swapping exhaust gets old. You can only run as fast as you are certed to. So if you can run a 10 make sure all your safety stuff is in order.

Comment

we pull the mufflers and pipes off my car every day, and put them back on. The mufflers are quiet, and restrictive, and heavy. It's worth it. But each car is different.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

If you run open headers, we won't be able to listen to Steely Dan while we're cruising down the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan D View Post
              If you run open headers, we won't be able to listen to Steely Dan while we're cruising down the highway.
              you are in vacaville? im i dixon

Comment

hahahahaah ryan d. it jusst clicked in my head that its you. hahahahahahaha. god damn im slow

Comment

Originally posted by Mistrustracing View Post

you are in vacaville? im i dixon
                  Haha, yes I'm in Vacaville.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistrustracing View Post
                    hahahahaah ryan d. it jusst clicked in my head that its you. hahahahahahaha. god damn im slow
                    Have we met?

Comment

I have a drag week question. I have a trailblazer ss all wheel drive. Do I have to have drag radials on all four wheels or just the rear. The rules say that you need to have drag radials on the drive axle so I wasn't sure about an all wheel drive vehicle. Thank's

Comment

Working...
                      X