No announcement yet.

Navigation system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The directions/drive I looked at as part of the experience, it was just another hurdle. Here is the mistake I made on D1, I messed around at the track after the pass just to experience Drag Week in it's natural habitat (It's a lot easier to participate from the live feed). About an hour into the trip I then remembered what Squirrel told me on tech day "If you make it to your hotel before dark... it's a Drag Week win" and I wasn't going to make it. My point is it's really easy to get lost in a place your unfamiliar with when its dark. A paper map is where it's at!

Comment

Originally posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
      The directions/drive I looked at as part of the experience, it was just another hurdle. Here is the mistake I made on D1, I messed around at the track after the pass just to experience Drag Week in it's natural habitat (It's a lot easier to participate from the live feed). About an hour into the trip I then remembered what Squirrel told me on tech day "If you make it to your hotel before dark... it's a Drag Week win" and I wasn't going to make it. My point is it's really easy to get lost in a place your unfamiliar with when its dark. A paper map is where it's at!
      Getting to the next hotel when it's daylight is the key, especially when your headlights are horrible like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Honk if Parts Fall Off View Post
        We just used the directions they gave us and our phones.

I had my GPS in the car for MPH and odometer. We would get on a road and know that in say 24 miles we had to start looming for the next turn.
        That would even be a big help. There are times when seems like been driving forever and must have passed the turn. Exspcialy when it got really foggy and can't see anything wondering if your even close to where you need to be.

Comment

My GPS (Garmin $130 bought new reburbished last year) has a setting where you can program in a route turn-by-turn.

Might take a bit to enter everything, but I use mine primarily to notify me that my turn off is coming up.

Kind of a nice poke in the side for when you go all driver-zombie, and also lets me focus on the traffic idiots instead of looking at road signs (which always seem to be hidden by semi trucks until the last minute)

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I'm the worst if I didn't follow I would still be out there on the route...
            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
              I'm the worst if I didn't follow I would still be out there on the route...
              That's what Rod tells me.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Light Ross View Post
                That's what Rod tells me.
                It's easy to follow the Mopar guy's just follow the oil drop's

Comment

It's easy to follow the Mopar guy's just follow the oil drop's
                  I liked you at one time Dale.

Comment

Once I get in a town, I usually set up a waypoint somewhere along the route immediately outside of it so I'm navigating the correct way. A lot of GPS units are looking for the quickest route. That function won't serve you well on DW.

Comment

Ross your the best.. Can I follow you

Comment

Ross your the best.. Can I follow you
                        ok but you do realize I get lost a minimum of twice daily.

Comment

ok but you do realize I get lost a minimum of twice daily.
                          Have you seen Rod

Comment

Have you seen Rod
                            lol

Comment

It's easy to follow Dale, just look for the empty beer cans on the side of the road....

Comment

Originally posted by HemiRick1 View Post

It's easy to follow Dale, just look for the empty beer cans on the side of the road....
                                Rick you know better then that at $ .10 per can it could pay for a trip Tahiti

Comment

Working...
                                X