No announcement yet.

trying again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weekly update. the engine bay is all basically done, and i've got the car rewired and added a few circuits for some street equipment. i was able to secure a front set of draglites for $125, and got new tires on them today for another $90. we are in the 11th hour and there is still a ton to do. Being a 1-man-band is making things go very slowly. I do have good news though, the engine is home
    here's some pics, then i'm off to go do more work.

tinzy aronson would be proud

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
    Join The Militia

Comment

Keep grinding man!

Comment

You got it!

Comment

updates are slowing because honestly, i just don't have time to keep up with everything, and i apologize for that.

Last week and this past weekend was crazy. The engine showed up and i shared that already. I spent some time figuring out what oil to use and I ended up being referred, by several people, to Driven Racing oil, which is Joe Gibbs with a new name. I talked with Lake Speed directly about it and he recommended the FR50, which is a 5w50 fully synthetic oil, after using his BR40 break-in oil. He also got me set up with some 75w140 for the rear. this stuff is killer. reading the material on it has me very confident in the oil. you can read more here. www.drivenracingoil.com

Saturday night before i hit the sack i sat down and hammered out a real list. This was everything i could think of before my eyelids shut, but i have added a few things since, and thankfully, began to actually cross some stuff off too.

the next order of business was the clutch actuation. honestly, this has been a bigger headache than the picture shows. all the aftermarket bells i've found so far use a clutch fork with a 9 o'clock position. well the thirdgen floor board is right in the way of that, and the factory t5 cars actually use a 7:30 position. I spent some time laying this out, trans was in and out a dozen times or more, and i finally came up with shortening the clutch fork, cutting a hole in the floor, and using this universal pull type slave, lol. it's a little hokey, but after spending some time getting the angles right last night, it's actually going to work really well.

yesterday, one of the most critical pieces showed up. you wanna talk about something that was worth the wait? holy crap this is a nice piece.

i also got all fluids in the car, brakes and clutch are both bled. I will be out there again tonight hammering away. i might just be crazy, but i intend to test this saturday
          Join The Militia

Comment

Enjoying this tooooo much.
            Can't wait for updates......

Comment

Awesome man.

Comment

realized last night that i had made an under-educated mistake on the adjusters for the clutch. unfortunately this means the trans needs to come out and the clutch come off and full disassembled to repair. this is cramping my style for racing tomorrow. will be hitting it hard tonight and tomorrow and hopefully will be testing somewhere sunday.
                Join The Militia

Comment

Keep going Matt. All pulling for ya.

We got pumpkin started. Seemed good. Then electrical gremlin messed with us for 3 days. Fingers crossed it's slain. Lol

You got it man !

Comment

So, it runs?
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      So, it runs?
                      Yes. Wooot. Lol. Monday morning if it stable and during dyno tune it's ok I'd say we (well Ev lol ) got it right and it's behind us. Knock wood hard. Lol

Comment

• Oh...I meant Matt's car. But congrats to you too!
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          Oh...I meant Matt's car. But congrats to you too!
                          Wasn't sure. Didn't mea step on Matts thread. Lol. Apologies Matt.

Comment

• Matt. I think Capitol has T and T all Sunday.

Comment

• yeah got it fired up this afternoon. gonna hit the sack and grab a few hours of sleep then get up, finish up some odds and ends and go to Capitol.
                              Join The Militia

Comment

• Sweet. Let us know how it went!!

Comment

Working...
                                X