Finally got an answer back from Hotrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got an answer back from Hotrod

After nearly two months and 3 emails I finally got an answer back, sort of. I asked if the 2x3 rear frame rails in my 65 Mustang would be legal in Super Street BB N/A class since they still in the stock location. I kind of got a reply last Friday but it was a question. They wanted to now if it was for DragWeek or DragWeekend. Good grief! So I had send back a reply stating it was for DragWeek. They could have just given me an answer for both scenarios and been done with it. But believe it or not today I did get an answer and they said it was ok. If I end up bringing my 65 Mustang you better believe I will have a hard copy of that email with me.
    Last edited by AlanCasida; January 27, 2016, 04:51 PM.

Alan, would you mind sharing some photos that show waht you have and what they approved? I think it would help everyone who is goinf through what you have: thank you for sharing. See you there.

BTW Drag Weekend is a whole buch looser on the details
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Here are some pictures showing the rear frame rails and one showing part of the MII front. Now I just have to finish it!
      Last edited by AlanCasida; February 5, 2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Nice. Any more details? What big block you running?

Comment

I will be running a 427FE Ford stroked to a 452 w/C6 and a Gear Vendor. It won't be anything real fast as right now the motor is fairly mild. That is, if I get the body work all done in time. This is my first try at any major body work and things aren't going too smoothly(pun intended!).

Comment

Nice. Good luck!

Comment

Your front suspension wouldn't fly for SuperStreet at Drag Week, but at Drag Weekend you'll be fine. Good to have another Ford in a Ford in Super Street N/A.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

That's the thing. I also specifically told them it has an MII front suspension, with pictures and they didn't say anything about it. This is all is says in the rules for Super Street: FRONT SUSPENSION
                •May not use struts on vehicles not factory equipped with struts.

Like I said, I am going to bring a copy of their email reply with me. Not that it matters a lot but I don't want to get stuck in unlimited.

Comment

My previous email to Hot Rod and their response:

"Super street, too much modification for Street Race

Keith"

-----Original Message-----
                  Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:57 AM
                  To: dragweek
                  Subject: MII Front Suspension Conversion

Howdy Drag Week Gurus

Mustang II front suspension conversion on an otherwise stock chassis
                  early Mustang or Falcon, meaning it retains all stock frame rails
                  front to rear and only the shock towers are removed and the MII crossmember welded in.
                  It does have coilovers.

Street Race or Super Street? (or Modified?)

Thanks!"

Comment

Working...
                  X