Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSD CRANK TRIGGER SYSTEM FOR BLOWN BBC (NOT!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD CRANK TRIGGER SYSTEM FOR BLOWN BBC (NOT!)

I am still scratching my head over this but MSD does not make a Crank Trigger "wheel" for a Super Charged BBC. The only trigger wheel they sell is for a stock balancer (three bolt pattern). When I spoke with them they acted surprised that I would be putting a supercharger on a BBC. I felt like I was in the twilight zone! Their tech guy said, If I was going to use the "Flying Magnet System" for THAT kind of application, I should probably just drill the wheel out to match my blower pulley and ATI Dampner pattern. I did .... but WTF?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160109_155249.jpeg
Views:	979
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1081834 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160109_160129.jpeg
Views:	1064
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1081835 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160109_171339.jpeg
Views:	1430
Size:	850.8 KB
ID:	1081836

Ooops sorry guy...FNG started this thread in the wrong spot...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DragNasty; January 20, 2016, 02:01 PM.

You chevy guys are spoiled. 75% of every catalog is dedicated to Chevy stuff. Wait till you work on an early Hemi, or a flathead ford. . 90% of the places you call never heard of it..

Comment

Understood.

Comment

I have a point distributor on my blown bbc....what's all this "crank trigger" stuff?
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That is why I had join over here! I found myself talking about that crazy set up on the H.A.M.B in my build thread. I apologized and pretended it never happened...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            I have a point distributor on my blown bbc....what's all this "crank trigger" stuff?

I was waiting for that! LOL
            DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
            DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
            DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
            DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Well I was going to say you wouldn't understand it until I realized you could probably design and build one from scratch, to include the ignition control module.

Comment

Working...
              X