• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats The Ruling On Diapers

On another board it was asked about the diaper ruling.. is
    it enforced on DW... as far as I know it is not.. but I dont
    know for fact
    thanks

More than likely this is going to be a time rule for 9.99 or quicker. I bought the Jegs non-SFI diaper for $100. It straps to 4 header bolts. Milan open comp rules now require it. Long term plans are to make a pan with 4 dzus fasteners.
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Comment

Despite the NHRA rule, this requirement has not been enforced to date at Drag Week or Drag Weekend events. Some cars have them becuase they run at tracks (even DW tracks) that require them, but don't at the event.

I run bottom 9's as of last year, hpoing for better as always, and I'm working on a rules conforming under engine pan that would attach as Dave describes. The reason is that it'll add a little bit to MPH and I expect to need it for some of the NMRA/NMCA/PSCA events this year, not DW. If you've seen the under side of current domestic performance cars, Camaro, Mustang etc. theare all very smooth underneath.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
      X