MSI or MSII and holley projection 4 900 cfm T/B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    My recommendation is the Innovate LC2, but essentially any of the commercial ones will have a 0-5v output that the MegaSquirt can use.
    Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing, those are not cheap..

Comment

$189 is about as low as they go. No other real options to get a wide band O2 cheaper. It's the controller for it that is so pricey. You can giggle around with a narrow band, and it'd be somewhat like tuning with a carb at that point and just estimating what your AFR's are.

The LC-2 takes Innovate's award winning wideband AFR hardware in a small, waterproof enclosure. This is a complete system without gauge.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I found an Inovate LC2 on Ebay last year for $155 shipped. It was a new in box deal that came with a gauge. I never found a deal anywhere close to that since lol
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

True, with patience and vigilance the occasional deal like that does pop up. I've heard multiple stories like that pop up over the years.

Comment

So, the wide band is for user to tune it, the ecu doesn't use it to make any corrections in the tune as needed.. it's in the MS case just a tuning tool for the user

Comment

The ECU can use it to make corrections. Its a must have in my opinion, well worth the money.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

You can set it to make corrections automatically or not. It is very highly recommended to use as a tuning tool. In my case, I watch the AFR's and make manual adjustments, but it's not difficult to set the MS to automatically target the AFR you want and let the MS adjust based on the wideband O2 sensor reading. I don't usually run closed loop on account of a potential sensor failure, I know my tune is still good and the car perfectly drivable. Admittedly, sensor failure is not common if wired up correctly.

Comment

Working...
                X