Rocker Arm Ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    TC once again, so its the same if I use a 2.200 valve as a 1.94? Its all dome profile from the bottom of the Valve relief on up. Its such a waiste of time to try to make you think about the stuff you say and understand how much more there is to all this than you know.
    You are changing things now, the OP(JcharlieM) said everything stayed the same, just the stroke changed, well compression height and dome height would have to change to, but he was saying everything else would be the same...... It's not my scenario, it's his......

So the question is, is the longer stroke of the 377 going to have more valve clearance than a 302 of the same bore/build....... I'm thinking the difference will be in the .001's..........

Comment

Its been expained. Think
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        Ya I know all that...So if your running a 5.7 rod in the 377 which would be considered a long rod and a 5.7 rod in the 302 which would be considered a short rod...
        Do ya really know all that? Your statement is actually reversed... it's the other way around.
        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Did you have to point it out? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
            Do ya really know all that? Your statement is actually reversed... it's the other way around.
            I think you better rethink that, especially with compression height factored into the equation.......... A longer rod sets the wrist pin closer to the oil ring........ Or in other words the short stroke motor would need a longer rod to achieve the same compression height as a longer stoke motor would need.....
            Last edited by TC; July 13, 2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

^^^^ LOL. I give up. A waste of time. TC, carry on.
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

^^^^ LOL. I give up. A waste of time. TC, carry on.
                It's all good......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  I think you better rethink that, especially with compression height factored into the equation.......... A longer rod sets the wrist pin closer to the oil ring........ Or in other words the short stroke motor would need a longer rod to achieve the same compression height as a longer stoke motor would need.....
                  I can't let it go... this is too much fun. You're changing your story again. Above, you now reference different rod lengths. In your earlier post... you babbled something about a 5.7 rod in a 377 (3.75" stroke) being considered a long rod, and a 5.7 rod in a 302 (3" stroke) being considered short. You have no clue what you post about.

Comical.
                  Last edited by jcharliem; July 13, 2012, 03:44 PM.
                  Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I can't let it go... this is too much fun. You're changing your story again. Above, you now reference different rod lengths. In your earlier post... you babbled something about a 5.7 rod in a 377 (3.75" stroke) being considered a long rod, and a 5.7 rod in a 302 (3" stroke) being considered short. You have no clue what you post about.

Comical.
                    Which one has "more" compression height the 377 or the 302 if both are using a 5.7 rod??

Comment

That would depend on the deck height used on each, and the bore size used to come up with the cubic inches wanted. Keep trying to wiggle and we will just Giggle

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                        That would depend on the deck height used on each, and the bore size used to come up with the cubic inches wanted. Keep trying to wiggle and we will just Giggle
                        Who's wiggling, you keep trying to change stuff, he said everything was the same, so deck height would be the same, bore size would be the same, rod size is the same, only the stroke would changed and of course the compression height so you still get the 12:1 compression that he was talking about........

Comment

I an just pointing out how weak your question is and that you have no idea how to back pedal fast enough to flip flop

Comment

it's good to know that it's not just MY posts that get shit up by TC the Expert At All Things
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                            X