4.6 SOHC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.6 SOHC question

I'm trying to get ready to fire the engine swap in the next few weeks. I need to know where a few things go. Where do these lines (red) connect???

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by ls1velle2; May 7, 2012, 06:01 PM.

Which year & model is the engine taken from?

cheers
    Ed
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Sorry. 98 GT Mustang with 5 speed.

Comment

the EVAP system and EGR there sould be another tree with a plug on top that they plug into that controlls the EVAP and EGR opening

wish the merc was more together so i could take a pic on that car
        Last edited by Mater; May 8, 2012, 03:11 PM.
        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I've got the engine side of the lines figured out but where do they start from. Evap canister?? Fuel tank?? If anyone has a pic that would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by ls1velle2 View Post
            I've got the engine side of the lines figured out but where do they start from. Evap canister?? Fuel tank?? If anyone has a pic that would really help.
            venting tank should be the biggest, evap is a temporary squirt, never a big line.

I remember once getting the return line mixed up with the vent. funny nough nothing happened..except for the gas tank seam losing.

fuel tank vent is always bigger.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by ls1velle2 View Post
              from where you have them they go to a deverter valve that is computer controlled that deverter valve then goes to the EGR and then the evap canister. the canister has a line that goes to the fuel tank with a test port built in it

even though it's torn a aprt here is the best i can show you on my grand marquis it's not a mustang but it's close

here is the 2 red vac lines the small one goes to the fuel pressure regualtor

the larg one goes into this computer controlled deverter valve

the green valc line that exits goes to the EGR

the red line that exits goes to a computer controlled deverter valve on the fire wall this is the evap deverter valve

and what enters the deverter valve is the EVAP line that comes form the canister

then the canister has a line fromt he fuel tank that enters it where the canister is located i was unable to get a pic of that
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

That's perfect thanks for te help.

Comment

Working...
                X