Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billet electrical firewall connector....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billet electrical firewall connector....

I've always struggled to make a clean firewall pass through so I came up with this...

The long side faces inside the passenger compartment, once fully assembled its waterproof. The connector itself is made by delphi. The connector is 30 position with 6 10 ga and 24 14-18 ga positions.

If there was enough interest I could offer them up.
    Last edited by efi-diy; March 7, 2012, 10:58 AM.

Interesting. Maybe the flange could be thinner and wider, so it would be easier to attach to sheet metal?

Also check your wording, something about the sentence "The mount here." doesn't make sense somehow.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Nice piece. Those Delphi wire plugs work really well from my experience. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a screw or rivet hole on each short end just to fasten the whole deal to the firewall - so a little bump on each end with a hole thru it.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; March 7, 2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Or sandwich the firewall material with matching size flange on the inside with blind tapped holes for the visible part in the engine compartment so there would be no visible screws or bolts. Good fer the guys who know how to make a clean engine compartment, run neat wiring etc. Which pretty much isn't me.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I like that idea. No visable screwheads. Put 4 #8-32 screws in from the back. The back flange could be used as the drill/cutting template then too.

Comment

Billet electrical connector

Someone asked for a kit price - includes

25 14 ga terminal - male
            25 14 ga terminal - female
            7 10 ga terminals - male
            7 10 ga terminals-female
            60 wire seals
            billet mounting block
            billet backup flange
            hardware.

$150 + shipping anywhere in Canada or the US