Aftermarket Mustang ii control arm bushings question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Mustang ii control arm bushings question

I've got an older Fat Man Fab Mustang ii front end on the Pumpkin with shot bushings. Does anyone have any knowledge on replacement bushing for these. I called Fat Man and there want $60 a set, and wouldn't give me any part numbers to try to find at the local parts house. They are tubular lower control arms, non factory style w/o radius rods. I haven't taken any measurments from them yet. Just seeing if anyone has come across something like this before.

ouch, I'll have to keep that in mind when I order a front end for my '50
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Straight from moog...call a local supplier, but there you have the part number,
      and a pic. Plus from Moog...$10.38 each.

Comment

Originally posted by min301 View Post
        http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com...rod=MOOG-K8211

Straight from moog...call a local supplier, but there you have the part number,
        and a pic. Plus from Moog...$10.38 each.

That's exactly what I thought at first, but those are for a factory style lower control arm with a radius rod.
        Here are some pics of both. The top pic is like what I have, the second pic is the other style that those bushings may work on.
        Attached Files

Comment

Update time
          I just spoke with Fatman Fab. again and got the lower control arm bushings ordered. I guess something got miscommunicated when I spoke with them before. The lower bushings cost $24 for a set, which does both sides, so that’s a deal. The nice salesman also slipped up and gave me a Moog part number for the lower ball joint as a K772. I have also been measuring and comparing and for the upper control arms I have the factory Mustang ii bushings and balls will work. If the bushings have a good part number on them I will post it up to, to possibly help someone else in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X