lacquer thinner and engine oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lacquer thinner and engine oil

I did some checking, I am no chemist. found "toluene" in very small amounts was already in gasoline. Then found oil based paint thinner with same ingredients..except, that explosive vapor mix they got going needed something. why not stop the plastic self replicating virus happeneing now with my 5th engine to do so (exactly no definition.)

so I mixed some up in a glass jar with 5w30, got a milkshake..dumped it right in.
    any guesses on the outcome?

at the worst, it is a little cleaner for a rebuild. I went ahead with it.

very well done, the engine having problems. I still associate it with a dumpsite (85% of my locales pig)
    some blame road salt.. central maine has something else they forget to mention.
    my fifth engine..same bizarre chemical event.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

why not diesel? be careful with toluene it's a major (not just in California) cancer causing agent.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      why not diesel? be careful with toluene it's a major (not just in California) cancer causing agent.
      I have gone kerosene..diesel makes a slob..but would be good to a bigger engine. little engines..its like they need little molecules.

I made some mixes along the way, asked questions..no answers. alot more fail than go.

I then read of a story of a junk yard toyota..same thing. large hard chunks of lightweight plastic grade stuff..enough to make the engine wabble. Clean time was over a period of months. they would change the filter where it gathered..and add the thinner and marvel, go at it again. it literally cracked the chain over a period of months.

my next batch is going marvel, toluene (oil based paint thinner), some 5w20-30 oil..and just keeping my own jug of it. Seafoam, I have deemed useless..not enough lube for the metal raping..woops I meant chemical scraping...and it stopped NOTHING.

I found my dad dumps some Howes into the fuel for the 700k mile diesels..and bam, nice runtime, even smells like a good diesel should.It is not long to realize..the gas world has no miracles. We are on our own.

kerosene
      marvel
      toluene
      5w20
      stare at the milk shake of bubbles (toluene has two O2 bonds), wait for the calming and dump it in..no flmmable bombs. Just right to even grab a dirty pcv with vapors safed.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

I know marvel works, both in the fuel and in the oil. The only problem I've ever heard of with marvel is if the motor has a LOT of carbon or sludge inside, it can free enough of the crud to clog the oil pump pick-up. <-- that happened to my brother's 302 T-bird.

I have heard that using a quart atf works really well, too, but have no personal knowledge of the results.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          Love the disclaimer. You'd think everyone in California would have had cancer by now.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
            I know marvel works, both in the fuel and in the oil. The only problem I've ever heard of with marvel is if the motor has a LOT of carbon or sludge inside, it can free enough of the crud to clog the oil pump pick-up. <-- that happened to my brother's 302 T-bird.

I have heard that using a quart atf works really well, too, but have no personal knowledge of the results.
            yep. that does happen.. I may be there now. a faker of fail, teaser of oil flowing.

that is where the stronger dissolvers step up. marvel is about as awesome as it gets at the cylinder heads..everywhere else is nothing special.

I forgot to add xylene (xylol at home depot), that can be added too.
            I did find a way to make it so oil change not necessary..but I do use a billet filter, (nonbypass)

using more oil than anyhting as the base...I knew I was winning when I smelled the day of headgasket fail from a year prior. No smoke, just the odor..that is a molecular bond no doubt. Also, to go against the diesel..sulfur of any parts per whatever is not good. That is another odor this conquers..kills sulfates on the oil side.

it does need to get old to need this strange stuff, unless it is high grade aluminum, these chains can happen to even a young one...there is a fail not many admit with oxides and a chain in plastic chemistry (my only frustration with the japanese boxer)..if I want a boxer, I need to put up with it on my own.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 11, 2011, 07:58 PM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
            X