Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Symptoms of a bad power valve (Holley 750 dual feed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symptoms of a bad power valve (Holley 750 dual feed)

I have ideas but I want to see what you have to say so I can find out if I am an idiot or not.

Thanks.

Joe
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

runs rich at part throttle.... hmmm.....
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Turn the idle mixture screws all the way in, if it keeps running you have a blown power valve........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        Turn the idle mixture screws all the way in, if it keeps running you have a blown power valve........
        The only one that went bad for me did this.^^^^^^
        It also ran rich at cruise RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          runs rich at part throttle.... hmmm.....

Made me say hmmm too... because this is part of the problem I am having....I noticed last night a nice cloud of smoke at part throttle....not off idle, not at WOT...but....right where I said it was bogging and running funny.

If I run the screws in it barely runs but will not die....

Going to nurse it till payday. Then I will go buy a new valve...see if that helps...if not I am going to attempt to rebuild it.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Hey Joe, I don't know if you need this or not (or already know about it) Any who it helped me out alot. Finally not scared of tuning a carb myself!

Quote Originally Posted by t4rs14 View Post
            Hey 1trickpony,

A moderator on this site forwarded me the link to this thread. It may be helpful for you to look into the holleytv website. They have a Carb Tuning section of videos on there that should address the issues you're facing at the moment.

Here's the link:

Good luck!
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

Working...
            X