You knew it was coming, Pistons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You knew it was coming, Pistons??

pray the denso injectors don't clog ? that has been a problem ..or does he step up to 2000 bucks worth of injectors ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      pray the denso injectors don't clog ? that has been a problem ..or does he step up to 2000 bucks worth of injectors ?
      sure he can step up to a set of $2000 injectors - if he's an idiot

or maybe a set of $800 injectors. Funny how nobody complains about a $2500 set of heads, but DAMN THAT EXPENSIVE EFI!!
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

LOL Now damn Nascar is going to them too LMAO They cant be as good as a Carb
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
          if nascar let the teams run either efi or carb..
          you'd have something//

Comment

On that we agree, but it wont happen, in fact in some of the heads up classes you now see them outlawing or adding weight for EFI ,,,,,,only one reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
              you'd have something//
              Yes, a lot of carburetors losing races.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                Originally posted by Tazracing
                you'd have something//
                Yes, a lot of carburetors losing races.
                They might be losing races, but there are a lot of guys around here running 8's with blow-thru carbs. And if all your goals are is to run in the 8's then you win, even if you didn't win the race.

I guess that's the difference between me and people that race, I just do this stuff for fun, who cares if I win or lose, I'm winning by just building the car.

That's like this motor, sure I can do it other ways, but this is a challenge and one challenge that most people wouldn't do. Which in my own mind makes me a winner. ;)

Comment

I always say build what you like you have to live with it and pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                    They might be losing races, but there are a lot of guys around here running 8's with blow-thru carbs. And if all your goals are is to run in the 8's then you win, even if you didn't win the race.

I guess that's the difference between me and people that race, I just do this stuff for fun, who cares if I win or lose, I'm winning by just building the car.

That's like this motor, sure I can do it other ways, but this is a challenge and one challenge that most people wouldn't do. Which in my own mind makes me a winner. ;)

I agree with this 100%. it's just a hobby, do whatever works FOR YOU. Although I must remind you of the potential of Epic Win if you actually complete a project, and post a video of it doing it's thing.

Comment

or maybe a set of $800 injectors. Funny how nobody complains about a $2500 set of heads, but DAMN THAT EXPENSIVE EFI!!
                      800-less than retail for stock ..last ones I sold were 135 ea

Comment

800-less than retail for stock ..last ones I sold were 135 ea
                        And what's the price that you paid for a set of actual high performance injectors, if you ever did? if you didn't, maybe this thread isn't for you?

Comment

TC wants a set of custom pistons, so he has the opportunity to spec a proper turbo piston. Why would you want him to spec anything less. If he was working on an LS engine with a stock reciprocating assembly, we'd be advising him to be careful with his tuning.

Lots of folks make do with what they have. I had a set of NA forged circle track pistons that I used for a test engine in the racecar. I blew the ring lands off them. But I didn't expect them to last.

Comment

My first Blower motor was a 327 crank with 350 pistons to lower the compression on it, do you know how hard it was to get the money for real blower pistons 25 years ago?

Comment

My first Blower motor was a 327 crank with 350 pistons to lower the compression on it, do you know how hard it was to get the money for real blower pistons 25 years ago?
                              Probably weren't more than a couple of manufacturers back then.

One of the pleasures of the EMC was talking with Nick Arias and Ed Iskendarian. Nick was bemoaning the difficulties in the business now a days. He said that when they started making pistons, there were only 3 players in the business, now there's thirty. (Bit of an exaggeration, but shows how the industry has changed.) He said that they've gone to niche markets as the volume markets are saturated.

Lots of great choices out there, and you can get damn near anything.

Comment

I had ( I think I have thrown them away) a set of Jahns Sand cast pistons for a 265 Ford they where in pounds LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X