• Show
Clear All

Holley now own MSD......mebbee they'll
    correct the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
      Holley now own MSD......mebbee they'll
      correct the problem.
      probably not, I am pretty sure MSD's Atomic system works with their dizzy. This holley is a nice piece if you want timing control. LED for crank signal, LED for cam signal. both on, one off, lock it down, check static and line them up. The holley has a covered wheel that circles the whole dizzy.

Comment

Pulled our trouble some one apart yesterday, had red and silver stuff all magnetized to the pickup. Reluctor wheel is plated so its still showing the gold chromate. The stuff was stuck like a lightning bolt with the middle clear, so maybe this is part of the problem not picking up the magnetic field from the wheel. Still need to get a lower range regulator to put a carb back on while we wait for the sniper, so I will see if it made a difference.

Comment

well, we cleaned off the rust particles on the magnet, tried to get the car running on carb with the Holley EFI, but it did not work, dropped the msd back in, locked the advance, got it timed around 25 and it was still running with no vacuum and what felt like 30 degrees off. I guess this dizzy really needs the phasing on the rotor, sucks it costs a cap to find the right place. Do they make clear caps for their distributors?

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
            Re: MSD Rusty Reluctor Wheel

here in Pa , we seen them come out of the box starting to rust. MSD says it wont hurt anything..... I have my doubts.

Seen it 3 times already.
            "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Couple years back sent mine back to MSD and they, I believe, anodized it...........they said it's what they use
              in their marine applications
              Hasn't rusted since
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
              X