Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pertronix Ignitor ---anyone had problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pertronix Ignitor ---anyone had problems?

NEXT CAR GETS A PRO MAG AND A RACE PUMP
    alternators are gay

Comment

I had a misfire problem with mine. I called petronix and they said if the gap is good to check the hieght of the wheel. They said if it is sitting to low it will not pick up properly. The guy at petronix said to raise it using a garden hose washer. I did that and never had any more problems.

Comment

Distributors are grounded through the engine block correct?

I bet DG just pointed out the problem with my friends '69 cougar pertronix.... that guy paints EVERYTHING... I'll bet that distributor housing is painted even down inside the block where it's supposed to ground.... that would do it.

When we went to assemble that engine I almost kicked his butt all over the garage - he'd plasted and painted all the fasteners with so many coats of paint - we had to run a die over the threads just to get them to thread into the holes!

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I got the crane set up..
          works good..
          it's in a 454ho crate engine..
          the crane has a setable rpm cut off (rev limiter)

Comment

I had one on my '54 Buick, and it worked like a champ... until one of the two small wires broke, inside the insulation, up in the distributor.

Try diagnosing THAT problem! Intermittent, misfired, pain in the rear.

Replaced the wire, didn't have a problem again. (Until the trans died, so it's been sitting oh, six years now)

-Brad

Comment

Working...
            X