Turbo sizing question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo sizing question.

So I'm finishing up on my engine swap on my '99 Z28 and started getting parts for my '88 T-bird Turbo Coupe. I scored a Racer Walsh roller cam with .450 lift and 234 duration at .050 that is suppose to work good in a turbo application. I plan on having the intake ported and the upper intake gutted, along with sending the head out and having it ported with bigger valves. I would like to make around 600hp. Would a T72 with a .84 exhaust A/R and a .70 Compressor A/R be good pick? the engine is only a 2.3L and I know the stock turbo had an exhaust A/R of .63 is going to an .84 going to be too big?. And is that Cam big enough to even make that much HP?
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

The engine will have a narrow power band and won't do much of anything below 4,500-5,000 r.p.m. Stinger Performance, which builds sub-10 second 2.3 SOHC Fords, recommends a T61 for 600 h.p. and even then, it's not going to "spool" below 4,000 r.p.m.

Culpepper has run in the nines with a notchback Fox and a similar sized cam, but a smaller Holset turbo.

Where's the old "So Were Not Rich But We Arent Stupid" turbo tech thread on the Car Craft magazine board (RIP) when you need it?

Comment

Working...
    X