No announcement yet.

Need help with Horsepower numbers on a 440 Mopar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While no one asked me - I think it is perfectly fine to want 500+ horsepower even if you don't have anyone to race! In my experience, I tend to enjoy my car the most doing stupid (fun) stuff by myself. I think once he gets it and drives is some, he is going to be very happy with the seat of the pants feel. As time goes by, and he feels the need for MORE speed - there is plenty of room to get some more without redoing everything.
    Last edited by cstmwgn; July 10, 2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

we are in the day and age where you can take a uber to a dealership and drive out with 800 horsepower you will never utilize on the street.

Get to a .320 duration cam, upgrade to 3" exhaust and people wont even consider it does not have 500 horsepower.

Comment

Simple, to just have fun, and to maybe due light to light races on the street. When i said not going to race i mean't at the track. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
          While no one asked me - I think it is perfectly fine to want 500+ horsepower even if you don't have anyone to race! In my experience, I tend to enjoy my car the most doing stupid (fun) stuff by myself. I think once he gets it and drives is some, he is going to be very happy with the seat of the pants feel. As time goes by, and he feels the need for MORE speed - there is plenty of room to get some more without redoing everything.
          I agree 100%, and you are right i am sure later i will want more power. I bought a 1969 Dodge Dart for 8000 USD, a few months ago it has a six in it, but i have another 440 block was thinking of going to 440 source to get a stroker kit, just 500ci or maybe 512. But will keep it mild and around 600 hp 600 lbs of trq. I figured i can build that engine for 10 grand ? Maybe restore the car for 30 grand or so, here labor is cheap, but parts get expensive due to shipping costs and customs duty taxes.

Anyway thank you all for the help, the one big thing i miss not being in the states is the cars and the easy access to parts. Take care all, when i get the car tomorrow i will try to posts some pictures in a day or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Philippines Mopar Guy View Post
            I bought a 1969 Dodge Dart ... when i get the car tomorrow i will try to posts some pictures in a day or 2.
            Sweet .. one of my High School buddies had a Dart 340 and it was a lot of FUN !
            I'm thinking you need to start a thread in our Projects section for each car, so we can follow along.

Comment

Yeah, i will do that for the dart since it hasn't had anything done to it yet. The Coronet is done. I have another 440 block was going to try to get 600 hp and 600 LBS of Trq can some help me the best way to build it and be strong but save some cash. I though about going to 440 source getting a 500 to 512 cubic inch stroker kit, what do you think ? Take care all and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Philippines Mopar Guy View Post
                Yeah, i will do that for the dart since it hasn't had anything done to it yet. The Coronet is done. I have another 440 block was going to try to get 600 hp and 600 LBS of Trq can some help me the best way to build it and be strong but save some cash. I though about going to 440 source getting a 500 to 512 cubic inch stroker kit, what do you think ? Take care all and thank you
                Put a LS in it?

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Philippines Mopar Guy

Not a bad idea, i will diffidently think about that. Thanks
                    I think you just lost all the Mopar guys in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post

I think you just lost all the Mopar guys in this forum.
                      And this ford guy

Comment

At least I didn't start this ...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I was kinda joking people, as i said in my OP i live in the Philippines so where can i get a LS engine ? Importing a complete Engine is way to expensive as you will pay 30 to 40 percent of its cost in duty taxes. There are a few LS engines here but most of the time the owners won't sell them and if they do you will pay out the nose.

No i'm building the 440, or possibly buying a new block from that company called THE BLOCK, either way it will be a MOPAR MOTOR.

I guess i should of used sarcasm font. So instead i erased it.
                          Last edited by Philippines Mopar Guy; July 13, 2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                            Put a LS in it?
                            ... and then we can paint some flowers on the quarterpanel and call it the "Swinger" !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

... and then we can paint some flowers on the quarterpanel and call it the "Swinger" !
                              no, no, no---the flowers are in the vinyl used on the roof...(wasnt it called a 'mod top' or something?....)

Comment

Thomas told me that the Coronet hasn't been delivered from the engine builder guy yet, due to the rainy season 2-inches a day weather and it's 50 miles away, but he sent me some pics to share.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X