4.3 5 speed hydraulic slave cylinder mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.3 5 speed hydraulic slave cylinder mounting

Hey guys . I'm getting back to working on my 350 5speed S10 and need a pic of the mounting plate or adapter that the slave cylinder bolts to . It would also be great to know how thick it is . Thanks in advance .

P.S no need to take it off for the pic
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Are you saying you dont have that bellhousing and want to make something that will work?

Comment

Thanks guysguys for the interest. I kind of got derailed by life on this project for a couple months but now I'm trying to get back to it . I have the correct bellhousing for I think a 92 4.3 S10 . This was in a truck I used to own . Not sure on mine's exact year but it's the same . I also have the hydraulic slave but where it attaches on the dust cover I'm missing a adapter plate . I'll run out and take a pic of the stuff I have . Basically I just need to know how thick to make it .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Here is a shot of the cylinder , the dust cover and with them together without the adapter plate .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

might just find out about the bell housing and get a new slave cylinder. I ran a 1990 2500 pickup and they were less than 15 bucks. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+cylinder,2044

Otherwise, it looks like your bolts would be right next to eachother so you can probably get away with 1/8th. Fine threading the plate might be 1/4, I guess it all depends on how much room you have on the length.

Comment

Think I'm going to pull a part tonight or tomorrow and roll under some S10s and see what I can find .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

looks like 4,3 bellhousing and 2.5 or 2,8 slave 4.3 slave should bolt right on

Comment

Today's outing to the yard didn't go so well . Got there with the rack of half inch set of craftsman metric sockets already to do business and it seems they thought it cool to leave the 13 mm out . So when your dirty and really need it you'll go back to the store and pay them 6 bucks for the one they didn't include . Can't believe I hadn't noticed it on this set as they almost always do this . Sears , serves you right to go out of business. Anyway got to the Sears store , got my socket and went to leave and it seems the fuel pump konked out . Had to drag the vette home , didn't get to go to the lake , put a pump in the vettes tank ( was really easy since it has a big access panel around the filler ). Good thing too since the one I put in it was in a new looking box I had in the garage . The engine stumbles everytime I give it gas so it will get a new one tomorrow.

Dave thanks for the advice . Pretty sure when I picked up the slave it was on a 4.3 S10 . Which makes me think I need that space/ adapter so the rod will be the right length. After I get the one off in the yard I'll know what to do. And it may be to just buy a new one at The Zone .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Looks like Fabricator Dave is right . Grrr
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Today wasn't wasted then.....ya learned sumtin'
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	1493866318581.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	1207796
                    child rearing words to live by....
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; July 6, 2018, 05:53 PM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

This is the whole system of the last pic I put up of what was actually factory and what I needed .I only wanted the cylinder but it didn't seem to come apart with threaded nuts . There is one spot to take it apart but it slides in and is held in with a roll pin . So I just grabbed the whole thing . Only took me 4 trips . I'm really going to have to start schlepping a full tool box again because traveling light just didn't work in this case .We'll see if I can get it on today
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          This is the whole system of the last pic I put up of what was actually factory and what I needed .I only wanted the cylinder but it didn't seem to come apart with threaded nuts . There is one spot to take it apart but it slides in and is held in with a roll pin . So I just grabbed the whole thing . Only took me 4 trips . I'm really going to have to start schlepping a full tool box again because traveling light just didn't work in this case .We'll see if I can get it on today
                          Once you get the truck done, it will make carrying the whole toolbox a lot easier!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

were it me, I'd have snagged the entire bellhousing and clutch fork. You may get lucky and everything goes together easily, but on the other hand, you could spend a vast amount of time cobbling.
                            I put that bellhousing on my FJ40, had to cut the ears off because it was too wide, fortunately, I could use an aftermarket slave cylinder.... but it still was a pain.
                            the hydraulic system, is/was sold as all one unit.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                            X