Royal Purple HPS motor oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Purple HPS motor oil

Premium Full Synthetic Motor Oil Change Interval: How Long Should I Go Between Oil Changes?

The days of 3,000-mile oil changes are gone. Royal Purple scientists and engineers devote a considerable amount of time and resources improving the chemistry of our premium full synthetic oils to make them more robust and more efficient. Automobile manufacturers also continue to make strides in engine technology, making them run cleaner and smoother.

Nowadays, many carmakers commonly recommend an oil change interval of 5,000 to 7,500 miles, or sometimes even 10,000 miles or more, under ideal operating conditions. Certain premium products like Royal Purple API-licensed synthetic engine oils allow motorists to travel as many as 12,000 miles as the recommended oil change interval. Even more amazing, Royal Purple HPS™ synthetic performance upgrade street oils allow up to 15,000 miles in between motor oil changes.

Of course, some service shops still encourage consumers to adhere to the 3,000-mile rule because it means more business for them. But with Royal Purple premium full synthetic oil, you can keep your vehicle on the road and the money in your wallet. Feel free to enjoy the convenience of extending the oil change interval, with Royal Purple.

What say you?????

The oil can take quite a lot of abuse. The filter however, still needs changed as routinely as ever.

When it looks like horrible water, it gets replaced. Some motors I'm comfortable going longer than others.

Comment

I do 5,000 miles with Mobil 1 in Teresa's Edge, I use a synthetic blend in my 4cyl driver and aim for 3,000 mile intervals. I use Castrol full synthetic in the hot rods and shoot for 3,000 miles but don't get overly worried if I go over by 1-2,000 miles (an issue if the car goes on Power Tour). For the added cost of the synthetic, it seems like cheap insurance to me.

Do you worry (or would you) about the recommended time interval if the miles are not met?
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

You do what the warranty tells you to do until the warranty is done. I cant see investing 60.00 into oil unless I am dumping it from the warrantied car into the next newest, then down to the beater at 3000 each.

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
          Do you worry (or would you) about the recommended time interval if the miles are not met?
          Neither have been met. I talked with someone at Royal Purple and he wasn't the least bit concerned about 10K miles on the oil if it wasn't more than a year old.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
            You do what the warranty tells you to do until the warranty is done.
            Warranty - that is an interesting thought - the newest vehicle I own is a 66 and the car I am using Royal Purple in is a 57.

Comment

I have a friend that runs Rotella in a Cummins. He sends the oil out every 10K for a oil analysis, changes the filter and tops it off. He will go 30K+ miles on a oil change and they say it is still good to go.

The problem with long change intervals is some people never check ( non car people) the oil in new cars. With thin oil it is normal to use some oil every couple thousand miles. A friend runs a repair shop, cars come in all the time very low on oil and end up with engine damage.

Comment

I have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic in all our vehicles for years and I'm glad I do , I just checked when I last changed the oil in the wife's 300 and it was 5 months / 5,000 miles ago .

Comment

We run Mobil ! Delvac full synthetic oil which is a heavy truck oil in all of our vehicles with filters manufactured by Wix....generally shoot for when the vehicles oil change indicators go off, but on the S-10s, which don't have indicators, we watch for when it looks like it is getting dirty on the dipstick....changed at a maximum of a year...being from a family that has run heavy trucks for years, we have normally had zero oil related issues....
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; June 2, 2018, 04:50 AM.
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

wife's late models get cheap brand synthetic oil, changed at factory recommended intervals. Seems to keep them alive. I guess you can buy better advertising, if that's your thing.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

maybe I should mention that we get the Delvac for 40 dollars per 5 gallon bucket after rebate from a local retailer... it's a win win as far as i'm concerned...
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

[QUOTE=htrdharley;n1203222]The problem with long change intervals is some people never check ( non car people) the oil in new cars. With thin oil it is normal to use some oil every couple thousand miles. A friend runs a repair shop, cars come in all the time very low on oil and end up with engine damage.
                        [QUOTE]

I'm way to used to the newer stuff as well as my older stuff that is very good for consumption (little to none). I noticed that the oil pressure in the Mustang was lower than normal this spring and when I went to change the oil, there was only about 2 1/2 quarts in the pan and filter. Everything sounds OK. Sure hope I didn't hurt anything.
                        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                        74 Nova Project
                        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                        79 Chevy Truck Project
                        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

[QUOTE=74NovaMan;n1203706][QUOTE=htrdharley;n1203222]The problem with long change intervals is some people never check ( non car people) the oil in new cars. With thin oil it is normal to use some oil every couple thousand miles. A friend runs a repair shop, cars come in all the time very low on oil and end up with engine damage.
                          I'm way to used to the newer stuff as well as my older stuff that is very good for consumption (little to none). I noticed that the oil pressure in the Mustang was lower than normal this spring and when I went to change the oil, there was only about 2 1/2 quarts in the pan and filter. Everything sounds OK. Sure hope I didn't hurt anything.
                          This is why we like gauges over idiot lights, but, it's not a bad idea to have both...(sending units set at warning (not failure) levels)...
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            This is why we like gauges ...
                            I have both pressure and temperature gauges. When my oil temps start to rise under normal driving conditions, I will check the oil to make sure it isn't starting to get low.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                              maybe I should mention that we get the Delvac for 40 dollars per 5 gallon bucket after rebate from a local retailer... it's a win win as far as i'm concerned...
                              Just makes me think of the old days, when you got oil in a can, had to use a metal knuckle splitter to get it out, had zinc and all the additives you could ever want to get 12,000 miles no question out of it and it ran about .49 a quart.

Comment

Working...
                              X