Timing Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belts

Bought my sister a 2005 pacifica AWD last night, runs great cold, starts to warm and gets all choppy, probably needs a timing belt. Never done one before, always had chains, even the last suzuki monstrosity in the 03 tracker we just bought with a 20 foot long chain and plastic coated guides. Anyway, I got this dirt cheap and its way too nice to pass up. Anyone deal with alot of belts to know if one brand is better or more complete? I see Dayco, Gates, AC Delco, DNJ components, is there a better name out there? If this was a Chevy, AC Delco would be the choice, but never buy Chevy parts for Chryslers or Mopar parts for a chevy.

The Dayco kit (WP295K1E) from RockAuto comes with a new water pump, pulley, and tensioner.
    If you need a new tensioner arm get this one (WP295K2E). If you need seals (no arm) get this one (WP295K1ES).
    RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Here's the discount code: MMFBR18

Comment

I looked at that one, really not sure what I need yet, but when we get in that far I usually want to change everything I can and preferably not wait. I was definitely going water pump, which makes me think Gates, but I can get that pump separate anyway. I hate water pumps in there. Did get the alternator from there, pure energy for 109 with no core charge for the new unit. Have you used Dayco before? Like I said this is my breaking the cherry on an actual rubber timing belt..

Comment

I've never had an issue with a Dayco belt (knock on wood). Gates does make better pumps though.

Comment

I'm just amazed there are so many kits and people would not want to change everything when they get in that far. Just getting a balancer off a second time, let alone the serpentine belt drive and cover off again or leave it open waiting for a part.

Comment

Working...
          X