• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're helping.....

The speedometer must take priority we have
    speed cameras everywhere here.

Comment

A GPS or phone ap gps speedo should keep you out of trouble for a while, and, if the mechanical speedo is unrepairable, there are GPS speedos available through AutoMeter...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        A GPS or phone ap gps speedo should keep you out of trouble for a while, and, if the mechanical speedo is unrepairable, there are GPS speedos available through AutoMeter...
        I've looked at them on Summit......very nice, pretty expensive.

I do have another speedo head, got it from Edmonton Alberta, 'cos I needs it in KPH.

Comment

just tryin' to help keep you apprised of what's available...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Appreciate it....
            The Autometer gps speedo and it's companion tach are on my Summit wish list.....
            wishing
            wishing
            and wishing......

Comment

Iīve been under the car looking for a place to install the A/F sender.
              The instructions tell me it has to be 10š off horizontal, that is pointing down so condensation doesnīt linger on the tip.
              Trouble is everywhere I look the floor is in the way, and I do want it to be at the end of the Y pipe where it merges into one.
              Just watched the latest Roadkill Garage and Finnigan installed one in Freiburgerīs latest truck...he just went in horizontal and the gauge works.
              They also show how to use it to tune the carb, idle, jets, cruise and vac secondaries.

Waiting on the new short cable for th speedometer, next week me thinks...BUT....it occurred to me that short cable cannot take the 90š
              bend straight out of the transmission so I did a look see on EBay for a 90š gear drive and such an animal exists.
              With this installed the short piece of cable to the trans converter lockup will be straight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	90_Gear_Drive.jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.0 KB ID:	1195573

Iīve now got the carb nicely tuned, it pulls 15 vacuum at 800 idle which drops to 750 in drive.

Iīve been out for several local trips, being cautious without the lockup, and Iīm having fun....
              I am using my cell phone with GPS speedometer, hard to read though...no support for it to get it in front of my face.

It idles lumpy and off the line nothing much happens until the revs hit 1500 then itīs hang on to your hat...

Just one more point........where id my gas mileage go, it wasīnt great before but now............
              Last edited by malc; March 31, 2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=16px]...he just went in horizontal and the gauge works...
                Mine is installed horizontally as well - seems to work just fine. I put two bungs in (one at the end of each collector) so I have the option of moving it from one bank to the other.

Comment

our kit with bungs had it 10 degrees down from the centerline, not up. You want to get them as close to the collector as possible. Even our Hooker long tube headers seems to be too far away. I actually wired 2 thru a three way switch, where the center goes to the meter and down is left and up is right bank. Its a simple one wire deal. The multi wire have heaters in them, so you just need to locate the real feed wire and you can run 2 thru 1 gauge.

Comment

I bought the AVM -30- 4110 -AEM Electronics
                    Wideband A/F gauge kit.
                    There's loads o' little wires in the harness.
                    I'm going to fit it where the Y pipe goes into the 3"
                    pipe....and it'll have to be horizontal...no choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X