No announcement yet.

Currently it's a 2001 Suburban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We drove the suburban to northern Indiana after Christmas. Pretty sure the abs is working. We got in a little snow lucky that one legged pig is so heavy we never had any go problems.

I think I am going to name this thing the Exxon Val Chevy. It's been leaking and we have been adding. I changed the oil tonight and let it idle for a few minutes after and there were two puddles 1.5 inches in diameter driping off both back corners of the oil pan. Pulled the inspection covers flywheel and converter look dry. What is the most likely cause?
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Is it dripping down from the valve covers? That IS an LS, right? The 4 I've handled in the past few weeks all looked OK in the valley cover area so I wouldn't suspect that. The pans all looked dry, too. Those pans use one of those gaskets with jelly string sealing areas so I'd expect them to hold up well. The oil pressure sender is just behind the left (driver's) side of the intake and threads into the valley cover - that would be a likely candidate, too. All worth a look.

Referencing the above - I thought you were talking about an oil leak. If so, please disregard my previous transmission.....

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; January 12, 2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Yes oil leak. From what I have read I think it could be the cam sensor or the rear main cover? Someone said they improved something on the later engines.

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

So Jennifer was driving home from work at in the #1 spot at a used car lot was a cream puff low mileage hens teeth bight RED suburban. The white one will be for sale soon going to fix the wipers and delete the traction control swap the wheels and put it on Craigslist.

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Glad you are losing the headache. I always feel the next guy will find the .15 cent o ring that will cure the problem and never give up.

Comment

While love abs when it works right , I'm the kind of guy that would pull all that crap out once I got fed up with trying to fix it .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

P.S.
                This trading off for a better one, proves that sometimes , women are smarter about cars than us guys .
                Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 29, 2018, 08:51 PM.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  P.S.
                  This trading off for a better one prove that sometime women are smarter about cars that use guys .
                  Jennifer has a thing for low mileage vehicle and red vehicles. As soon as she told me about it I knew it would be coming home.

ABS works great now. I deleted the traction control, replaced the button / light with a cubby. I replaced the wiper module, only thing I have not fixed is oil leak, and parking brake (it didn't work when we got it)

it's for sale on CL $3750

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

So the low mileage "just turned 100k" suburban now has a light! The "red brake" light is on. I am really starting to get tired of GM's brakes, (the abs and brake light have come on intermediatly on the 2500HD) I ordered one of the cheap China blue tooth obd2 smart phone things. Is there a free app that reads brake codes?

I have tired a few most either want money up front or you have to buy their plug, the rest that connect don't read brake codes as far as I can tell.

I did unplug the small connecter to the abs module. Brake light went out abs light came on.... ideas, other than sell it and buy a ford?

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Check your master cylinder reservoir, it may be low on fluid due to pad wear... that is the most common issue for that light....
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        Check your master cylinder reservoir, it may be low on fluid due to pad wear... that is the most common issue for that light....
                        It is almost all the way full I could add a little but I don't think that's it. I wiggled the sensor on the master that didn't fix it either...

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Sorry, just grabbing for straws....
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I have the 99 Jimmy we have had for 2 winters now, brake pedal is staying high and stiff and pulsating lately. Some escalade was driving in front of me, on a 2 lane road, pulled over to the right, I proceeded to pass it and they cut a left turn like they were pulling a 50 foot trailer, no skid, no pulse, just barely missed. I have a right rear caliper I could not bleed due to the bleeder being stripped and stuck and since I did not have a replacement I did not mess with it. Pulled the vacuum hose and it seemed like about 30 pounds of vacuum. I can pump the brake pedal when its in gear, three times, I hear air escape and the car starts to miss.

I dont even know if I want to get into this.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                              Sorry, just grabbing for straws....
                              Thanks, I will take all the straws I can get.

anotheridiot, other than chevy brakes are a pita I didn't pick up what you were putting down.

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

you know some of those have pad sensors... you did verify that you have pads still?

and for the record, I junked my 04 Denali because of electrical gremlins.... especially the heater controls....
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 25, 2018, 02:12 PM.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X