Popping Through Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

That mark is probably from when it broke off and wedged against the head the pushrod, even broken it was kind of still doing its job...

Funny thing is everything in the valve train is Comp, except those guide plates, they were Manley, maybe there is something to using all one manufacturers parts, instead of mismatching....
    I am glad this did not happen to me, you seem so calm. Had to have happened for a reason and there is no conceivable reason. You have .060 clearance from any point of the rocker touching these guides? I know I have tried rockers that hand up on springs when you oversize the pockets. They are like stress fractures on a part that does not work with stress.
    can some of the pushrods be a little shorter?
    Last edited by anotheridiot; August 7, 2017, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Years ago I was with my brother and he was looking at a '67 Chevy for an engine donor for his truck. Well, it started and was popping through the carb. I thought he was nuts to buy it. Gets it home, listens and pops off a valve cover... busted stock rocker arm! Fished through the parts pile in the garage and finds a good one. The whole fix took 20 minutes.

Comment

when you did guideplates/studs, did you cycle the engine by hand a few times before torquing
        down the studs? maybe they werent lined up and started binding....

Comment

Working...
        X