sbc switching from fly wheel to flex plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbc switching from fly wheel to flex plate

ok dumb question time again on the small block i got it had a clutch and fly wheel when going to a flex plate do i need to remove the pilot bushing? or can is stay int he end of the crank

Click image for larger version

Name:	jimmy25.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1165460
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Not gonna bother nuttin.. Leave it in..
    Easy enough to get out.. Jam your grease gun in and fill it up, then put a brass drift that fits the pilot hole and pound the grease in.. Might need to add a couple more pumps..

Comment

if it hurts nothing i will just leave it. just wanted to make sure it would not mess witht he converter
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

You can hook itup trannyless and look.. I doubt it will interfere

Comment

The converter only pilots on the first 14" or maybe 3/8" of the pilot bearing hole (you'll see when you get your converter) so as long as the bearing is deeper than the pilot bump on the converter you're golden. From the pic I'd say you're fine.

Dan

Comment

ive had 2 seperate times where the converter nose hit the pilot bushing, so
            i ALWAYS remove it. both times were BBC not smallblock, but still...just my $0.02

Comment

really would hate to find out about it as it;s dangling form a chain in the engine bay

i'll pop it out then

Comment

I've done the grease in the pilot bearing and popped it out as Bob has described .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I've taken them out with a sheet metal screw and a slide hammer before.

Comment

Working...
                  X