Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know Anybody That Needs 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know Anybody That Needs 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Parts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	16708515_10158106561480184_3346056675632238909_n.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1146126
    Ok, folks, it's a long shot but here it is: the "Rollover Explorer" is in the middle of dismantling and this is where any request for parts can be thrown in. There isn't much that did survive the crash, but there will be plenty left over once the engine, trans and rear axle is yanked and set aside, so if you have any requests (or know someone on an Explorer forum who has paid the subscription fee, since I won't, and needs parts) here is the place to ask.

Don't ask about body panels, there is only one worth mentioning, the driver's side front fender. Every other last body panel has damage ranging from wrinkling to straight-up destruction. Bumpers and front fog-light dam are gone. Roof rack was destroyed. If you are looking for rust patch panels, ask...the usual spots have localized but deep cancer.

The only glass left: Driver-front door, driver's aft glass, and the glass hatch.

The headlights and front turn signal assemblies aren't perfect, but if yours are bashed out these will do. They could stand to be hit with a headlight clearing kit. Driver's side taillight isn't perfect, but it's useable. Grille has a section missing out of the bars, but again, if yours is MIA, this will work, and the chrome grille surround somehow survived.

The interior is hit and miss. The front seats are complete and salvageable, and since this is an XLT model, the neat roof-mounted compass-thing is available as well, works mint. The gauge cluster is also in good condition, if you don't have a center console and wanted one, it's used but it will clean up. Rear seats might come out, but that's a big might...they are mounted to the worst of the damage and might be pinched in. Door panels are complete except passenger rear, which was demolished. Interior plastics are hit and miss, and the airbags are undeployed.

The wheels are visually marred and one is completely unserviceable.

Don't know what else to put here. If you have requests, put them in early before I get a wild hair and Sawzall this poor beast. Time is up when the engine, trans and rear axle is dropped out...once the good parts have been harvested, I will waste no time in hauling what's left to the scrapper.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Hey Remy! What color are the seats and what kind of shape are they in? We're looking for different front seats for Vanna the van but they have to sort of fit the interior scheme. Next time out there please measure the distance from the base of the seat back to the front of the lower seat cushion. The van seats are too deep for us short folks and the edge of the seat hits us in the back of our knees and therefore puts our legs to sleep. Not interested in leather, BTW. I'm not too proud to come get 'em if they fill the bill.

Dan

Comment

I'll get photos up tomorrow for ya, Dan. They're cloth, aren't Eddie Bauers but are nice nonetheless. Driver power, passenger manual, both still quite nice. Color is a kind of light gray.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'll have ME look at the pics. Thanks

Dan

Comment

Here are the seat photos, Dan! (don't mind the backseat, I haven't vacuumed the glass out of there yet.)
          Last edited by BangShift McT; February 16, 2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

ME asked if it smells like it's been smoked in. She's SUPER allergic so that matters. Also, I need that measurement from the base of the seat back to the front edge of the bottom cushion. It would be helpful if you could take a pic with the measuring device in place so I can see exactly where you measured it and then I can reproduce that measurement on the van seats. The whole idea is to have that distance be shorter (being of slight stature is NOT all fun and games!). We have a son who is 6'5" so we have an appreciation of those challenges, too.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; February 16, 2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

It doesn't smell smoked in, and we do have deep cleaning devices that we can use to give the seats a once-over. Check back in a bit for the measurements.

Comment

This is driver's side seat. Measurement I got is 21" from seat back to leading edge of bottom cushion.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  (being of slight stature is NOT all fun and games!). We have a son who is 6'5" so we have an appreciation of those challenges, too.
                  Ain't genetics a hoot?
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Those would be ME and her first husband's genetics. She had a bro who was super tall (I'd guess 6'4") and Ben's dad is pretty tall, too.

Remy - bummer on the seats. They're as deep as the ones we have so no improvement. Curses - I was fixin' for a nice road trip!

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; February 17, 2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Dan,

My old work car was a early 2000's Ford taurus I hated the seats because they where too short, maybe look there.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                        Dan,

My old work car was a early 2000's Ford taurus I hated the seats because they where too short, maybe look there.
                        Thanks. I'll look the next time I'm at PnP. We were holding out for HHR seats because they have built-in inner arm rests but so far they've all been nasty (as in, disgusting) but they might be our first choice if we could find some decent ones. It's amazing how many of them have what seem to be seed pops (don't act like you don't know what that's about!).

Some of the Chrysler mini-vans have decent seats w/arm rests but so far no nice ones. We'll keep looking.

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; February 17, 2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Dan. That just made me forget all about breakfast. Ugh...

Comment

Working...
                          X