Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

62 Falcon - $5k challenge, how will it rise from the ranger's ashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure for less than $300 worth of hassle, I can modify the underside of the steel hood - it's full of rodent home remains around the latch and is swiss chees in a few areas anyway..... what's a few more cuts and welds?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Be careful when welding on the hood you might catch the rodent homes on fire
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Good point - it would smell great too I'm sure....

Comment

• Stick your shop vac over the largest (or closest to the mouse nest) hole, fasten securely with duct tape, and then hit all the smaller holes with your air hose several times.

Makes for smaller inner hood structure fires, which, while entertaining to observers, will eat up valuable build time!

(burning mouse urine = )
          Last edited by STINEY; March 14, 2012, 11:45 AM.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• That reminds me of getting up under the bow of the ski boat and grinding the fiberglass and rotten floors out - I duct tapped the shop vac hose to the vent holes in the bow to keep a steady suction of dust coming out of the confined space into the shop vac.... it sort of worked. I didn't have to deal with mouse urine on that job - but surely there was mold in all that "flotation foam" that held water so well.

Comment

• And I am reminded of another job I have been needing to do........

Comment

• I'm ready to return.....
                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                DW- 12,16,17
                "Stay thirsty my friends"
                The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• After a weekend out of the shop, I got back over there tonight for a little while and did some more brainless paint removal - felt good to accomplish something concrete after spending another frustrating day at the office. Along with the hood I got more paint off down low on some other panels with the car up on the hoist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canton-20120319-00725.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	861077

Good luck shined on me - I was picked for one of the 60 pumps in 60 days promo from Holley -

So - the question is - red blue or black?

Should I go big and get the black one since it's the only one compatible with alcohol fuels and gasoline?
                  Last edited by milner351; March 19, 2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Lookin good man!!
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17
                    "Stay thirsty my friends"
                    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Those dark spots are surface rust - with some pitting - should I soak with rust disolver, then POR? I feel sorry for you Matt - there's not a straight panel on this whole car - sure you don't want to just leave it in primer this year?

Comment

• Get the black.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

• Thanks Bob - that's the way I've been leaning, I was hoping someone with experience would chime in - been a long time since I bought an electric fuel pump, the ranger had one on it and it worked fine so I left it there.

I will have to run a regulator with the black, I plan on running all new steel 3/8" line from the new tank forward.

Looking at the selection chart - the blue with the regulator maybe the best choice for my current set up - but it's not alcohol compatible.

The black is recomended for a 1/2" inlet - no way I'll make that work with the factory tank set up that I already have new.
                          Last edited by milner351; March 20, 2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• In other news - the miller 180 is on it's way, I thought about it for a long time and decided to stick with the blue team. The HTP has some nice features, and I was intrigued with the weight of it (more copper components) and the wide range of wire speed, but couldn't wrap my head around being locked into ordering parts on line. I can stop at a number of local places to get miller parts in a pinch when I need them.

Comment

• Congrats on getting picked by Holley, that's pretty cool. Do you have to do anything special in return for them?

That factory "scoop" on the falcon hood looks intesting......like maybe it could "grow" a couple inches if needed.....

Comment

• Stiney our minds are once again on the same wavelength - if additional clearance is needed - it maybe tricky - but I will attempt to section the scoop up an inch or two while keeping proportions in line. The trick will be the chrome trim that bolts on it now - that will likely have to go away - or be on the top with an opening underneath.

Comment

Working...
                                X