Crusty Camaro build-3K budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusty Camaro build-3K budget

Hey Guys, first time posting here. Thought that i would share a project that I recently started with ya'll.

So to start, I am a 20yr old college student. Currently going for my welding and fabrication certificates. Anyways so I have always been a car guy, started with Volkwagens, then 4x4s and most recently my need for speed...drag racing. I helped my Uncle (quadriplegic) race his '32 Chevy coupe this past year and I absolutely fell in love with the sport, at that first race I had decided that it was something that I really wanted to try. That puts me to about 1 week ago, I bought a 1980 Camaro off a local circle track guy for $300. The car came stripped and as a roller, plans are to keep the weight down as low as humanly possible and power it with a 454BBC that I had previously has built for my '71 C10. Nothing to special ported factory oval port heads, fairly large cam, freshened up everything in the bottom end. Either going with a Victor intake or a Weiland track warrior, undecided currently.

Anyway plan is to build a 6 point cage, mainly to stiffen it up, I'll probably through a narrow ford 9'' out back, going to run my built th350 until it blows(only because I don't quite have the funds to build a th400 right now) the engines not a real "hot" engine, so i am planning on spraying it...a fair bit.

Plan is to have it running and driving ASAP, possibly within the week. But yeah, I'll add pics tomorrow.

One last thing...Im planning on building this until I get it into a mid 10sec pass car.

Comment

Working...
    X