No announcement yet.

1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one Belongs to my good friend Mel. He has owned it going on 32 years. We started this together in my shop back in 1997, painted main body early 1998. He stops by to give a hand when he can so I helped him do this frame off 1956 Belair 2dr hd top. It is powered by a LT1. So going on 21yrs its finally on the road but need to run a few AC lines then charge system along with final detail. Just another backyard paint it outside job . .Bit at a time. His dream car! Word is NEVER give up . . LOL I do all the time, easy to say.

This pic was in 2002

This one in 2011. Getting there but still so far away.

Bit of lead work on the fender eyebrows

Feb of 1998

Comment

• The one that started it all! Dad's new 1966 F100 early November 1965. I learned to drive in it that fall as a young kid. Yep that's a bear in sled behind a total antique snowmobile

Comment

• Eco1 this was to be the CLONE to my dad's. Final numbers 420/532 @ the tire! Put 11,000 miles on it last summer. Best vehicle I have ever owned . .

Comment

• Still trying to finish truck. Getting close to first start.
          Have set many days when I thought I could get it up and running. Once again hoping by Saturday afternoon. Having to fab/make or modify about every part that goes on taking 10x longer than I think.

The fuel system was quite the chore. Modified stock tank to work but yet make it appear stock. Fuel log is from a 427 SOHC. Although it appears to be feed line it’s actually the fuel return line in disguise.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; June 14, 2018, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• First startup is always fun

1966 F100 Restoration 482 FE with Dual Quad EFI first start up idle.

Comment

• Comment

• Sweet!

Comment

• Awesome!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Video Updates. Was able to drive it for first time last evening. Now its time to start finally assy before I take a longer test drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5u4VG446I

very close to first test drive! 40 yr dream to build this truck. Have not driven it in 18 1/2 years. 427 Side Oiler (482 cu in) Cobra Jet C-6 Trans, Gear Ve...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5u4VG446I
                    Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; July 20, 2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• First test drive complete. All is good. Now I can start final assy of truck. Adding front fenders, grille, lights, bumpers. Install drivers door, Install tri...

Comment

• that sounds amazing.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          that sounds amazing.
                          Thanks! cannot wait until the drive I can let er' rip

Comment

• More progress.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment