No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That pic of the fire - where's the goat? We usually have a goat at our sacrifices now that The Law has cracked down on sacrificing virgins (besides, can't find any anymore).

Dan

Comment

• Where did you get the banner?
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
        Where did you get the banner?

I asked and I received.... just like magic what will be magic will be the other websites having a BS banner in the background of my projects

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That banner is hawtness.

Comment

• Still under burn ban down here!
            Putting the space heater thru a workout.. Can't wait to build a fire in the stove!

Comment

• 9 o'clock and still at 80 outside!!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                9 o'clock and still at 80 outside!!
                Oooh! Remember getting married in Des Moines in 74, Then flying home and had to build a fire in the stove because it was cold! Was still "hot" evenings there..

Comment

• It got muddy, was fun

DSC_0041.JPG

Comment

• of course, I touched a fender so had to do a bit of repair

and it's better now

I still need to fix a leaking rear axle (the custom stuff) but I think I need to do a phone call to Nitro because I'm stumped as to why it's leaking

Comment

• time to fix a couple issues....

so there's supposed to be a gasket under the handle - if not, paint chips... and it chipped, oil plug seal to the rescue

and these leak.... which I thought I fixed before with silicone... nope

gasket made

Comment

• time for some inner fenders
                        first move reservoirs

fill hole with metal and paint black

and now no more splashing engine

Comment

• Driving this?
                          Weatherman in Porkland says y'all got snow..
                          Just cold n wet here...

Comment

• no snow here

Comment

• save space

Comment

• So after the last run, there were several issues that I simply need to get addressed. one was a persistent fuel smell, another the exhaust leak, the 02 sensor (again) is acting up, and I've always thought this thing gets terrible mileage for the set up...

I've not been a fan of the Holley replacement TBI, but it was what I had and my hope of a replacement either being found (I have one, somewhere) or found at a swap meet just wasn't happening so today I went to the wrecking yard, spent $40 on these

the issue with the holley (the biggest issue) is the way they hold the injectors in place. GM used a bunch of screws to hold them down, the Holley just uses the air cleaner hold down.... to say it's inadequate is an understatement. It's worse thing is it doesn't stay sealed - it will do a nice spray pattern for a bit, but it will dribble and drip.

I cleaned up the TBIs, picked what looked like the best (it's the newest) and slapped it on

and I think the IAC is sticking, but it runs again (more messing with tomorrow)

which brought me to an issue or two I didn't realize
                                the is the old base gasket.... I think it's been leaking

back side doesn't look bad but see how close the witness mark is to the hold-down bolt? one of the bolts has crud from where it's been leaking up the bolt.... vacuum leaks galore

which I was all ready to take the blame for until I saw this

Holley uses a larger butterfly, it's been hitting but what's worse is that would create a tortured path for air and fuel to flow into the motor..... and of course, vacuum leak, uncontrolled fuel entry and I am hoping that I've found the source of what's killing my O2 sensors.... we will see, first step is reconfigure the throttle cable the replace the IAC....

Comment

Working...
                                X