• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys are quick
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Like Foxworthy's Siamese Cats?
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• So despite the distraction of buying another Buick (I swear, no more) I did get stuff done so I am ready with this for the overland rally... I did find a leaking axle seal but it doesn't seem to be leaking enough that I can't stay ahead of it so I'm not going to worry about it.... *whistling*
        one of the things to do was remove the glove from my winch

I did notice the sheathing started to melt a bit which isn't cool - however, it seems as strong as before - so we'll see if this really becomes an issue
        the issue was the bolt holding the rope didn't hold and the drum seems like it was waxed.... so I did another 'fix' but this time between the heat and the clamps it should work... if not, complaint department is in its normal place (not here)

Here you will notice how well I'm wrapping the drum, nice, even lines.... not through the fairlead DAMMIT... oh wait

I can take my hook apart.... whew

ready for the next extraction

I can't believe all the stupid little rust spots.... I think our illustrious government decided to sneak some salt onto the roads this year (they're only supposed to use it in emergencies).... ugh oh well, I actually planned for this when I built it so all the bits that are problematic are removeable so they can be cleaned and treated - but it's summer, so I'm still driving it

Comment

• I like that it is DRIVEN! A lot of wheelers around here would TOW it to the wheeling site...disgraceful ! those little rust pocs... a badge of honor... one acquaintance we have here is driving a heep CJ7... Personal plate NOT4MUD... lifted, interco swampers, built inline 6, and LOTS of chrome... never sees rain! What a waste! only driven to shows...not more than 50 miles from the barn...ever...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• thinking it turned out okay

Comment

• So this got a bit of love today... I think when the guy put the window in, he wasn't terribly careful with the paint - so I had to do some rust mort to it

and the rack on top - no, it blocks the rear view... eventually I'm building a new carrier but for now I'll improve the sight line

Comment

• a couple updates... replaced the broken HID lights

and I fought the hot tub and it won... fortunately parts are on its way

Comment

• Got a care package from Smittybilt today

I had called to basically get a new top for the winch and as an aside I mentioned that the wireless portion worked once. Consecutively. Well, not totally true. It worked once in and out (to set the cable), then after I fussed with it, it worked going in once again... but never again. Apparently there is an issue with the switch.... so they sent me an entire controller, and a new switch for free Blown away. I like smittybilt. They donated to SAR basically because I asked so they always were good folks.... but seeing them match the customer service of Warn makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

switch to replace. Took a bit of love with a file to open the hole up enough but went pretty easily

old switch top, new switch bottom

ran out of time for the install and I may take this opportunity to relocate the box a bit away from danger and hot tubs for next time

Comment

• Time to install the tow bar

eventually I'll get the time to build a trailer - I even have all the bits to do it - just not the time (stupid deck)

Comment

• Notes: ATTENTION: Click on Bulletin(s) for testing instructions. It is best to test your old parts first. A Wells test sheet bulletin is available for this part. Test sheets work with GENIII testers only. See attached bulletin to identify your tester. A misfire condition can destroy the ignition module. If the engine is or has been misfiring, do not install the new ignition module until after the source of the misfire has been corrected. Check the secondary ignition circuit. Plugs, Plug Wires, Coil(s), Distributor Cap and Rotor. Also check for any camshaft position sensor troublecodes.

Comment

• and with that, I think I'm going to swap in the LS motor and put this motor on a shelf for some other, worthy project - one that doesn't need a Howells EFI

Comment

• Would this be a easier option than an LS install

Please Read the Following Terms and Conditions of Use Carefully Before Using This Website. Request a Quote

It would be a bit quicker than an engine swap.

The LS is a good engine though.
                          Tim
                          Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• it runs again - my H3 decided it really did need a new cat... not too happy because they look like a mother to do.

Comment

• How do you determine that?

Comment

• you remember that check engine light I turned off with HP tuners? well, you can't run a car through smog without a working light.... yeah, it's back on with a 420 code

Comment

Working...
                                X