The Ford F Autobahn 100+ Project ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ford F Autobahn 100+ Project ...

We have had our 1954 F100 now for close to 30 years over here in Germany. Time to make a change. A big change to be precise.

This is a recent "before" photo ...

... a drawing of the "after" look to follow shortly (when I am done fighting file sizes) ...
    Last edited by Street Garage; July 31, 2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to the drawings. I love that we have off-shore members on here.

I have a Benz Diesel in my S-10 (you may find my build thread interesting), I ate at our German restaurant yesterday, and I'm 1/2 German so I guess I have a particular interest in what you folks are doing over there.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Welcome! Looking forward to the drawings. I love that we have off-shore members on here.

Dan
        Agreed. It does add a different perspective of the hobby/sport.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Willkomen! Looks like a fun project. Zur Arbeit!

Comment

Ok. Let's see if this works now ... Still need to find out how to post photos which come up large ...

Comment

... and here some info on the project and the companies and parts involved:

Body / Baseline:
              The 1954 Ford F100 Pick-Up Truck was last registered in 1978 in Fort Hood, TX, USA. It then came to Germany, changed owner a couple of times and has been in the Street Garage since close to 30 years now.

Chassis / Suspension / Steering:
              Chassis: No Limit Engineering Big 10 Chassis
              Front Suspension: No Limit Engineering WIDE RIDE IFS
              Rear Suspension: No Limit Engineering Trailing Arm Suspension
              Coilovers: Ridetech
              Steering: Flaming River Rack&Pinion, Ididit Steering Column
              Rear End: No Limit Engineering / Schreiner Full Floater 9 Inch / Detroit True Track / 3.70 Gears

Drive Train:
              Motor: Ford 347 CID Coast High Performance / Probe Stroker
              Heads: Air Flow Research AFR185
              Valve Train: Comp Cams Full Roller
              Induction: Edelbrock E-Street EFI on Performer RPM Air Gap Intake
              Ignition: Mallory FireStorm
              Oil System: Canton Road Race Pan, ACCUSUMP 3qt. System
              Lubrication: Liqui Moly

Clutch: American Powertrain Science Friction 10.5” light effort clutch with woven Carbon Fibre disc. 500HP / 450 lb/ft torque
              Transmission: American Powertrain Tremec Magnum close ratio 6-speed rated at 700lb/ft and 7.000rpm

Plumbing: Russell Performance

Eletrical System / Gauges:
              Wiring / Switch Panel: Painless
              Gauges: Autometer Phantom II Series

Wheels / Tires / Spacers:
              Wheels: OZ Racing ULTRALEGGERA HLT F: 19x10“ / R: 20x12“
              Tires: Dunlop SP SportMAXX Race: 285/30R19 / R: 305/30R20
              Spacers: H&R TRAK+

Braking System:
              Front: Wilwood Forged Superlite 4-Piston Calipers / 13“ SRP Rotors
              Rear: Wilwood Forged Superlite 4-Piston Calipers / 13“ SRP Rotors
              Wilwood pedal box with hanging pedals

The chassis is almost fully assembled awaiting a few parts. More info and photos to follow.

Comment

Neat project. If you post the pics as "attachments" (use the paper clip icon instead of the camera icon) they will come up as a line with options for how they will be displayed. Choose "Insert Image" which is the center option. It'll open like this (just a pic of Truck as an example).

You will have to then click on the bottom "X" in the lower box (it says "Add Link" in the box) or the system won't post the pics. If you want the post formatted in a certain way you may have to go back after you post and do "edit" of your post to get the format as you want it. At least I do but I'm on a MAC which may have something to do with it (I'm a computer dunce - er - dumkoff).

This seems to work best for me but I know you can post hosted pics and there are probably other ways, too.

Dan
                Attached Files
                Last edited by DanStokes; August 2, 2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

OK. Thank you. Let's try this ...

What you see here is the huge crate with my No Limit Engineerig Chassis and a lot of other stuff when I picked it up a the trucking company in Frankfurt Germany after it crossed the big pond on a container ship and was then trucked from Bremerhaven (a major port in northern Germany) down south.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Street Garage; August 3, 2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Ok. That works fine. Now another attempt to show the drawing in a larger size.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The truck as it is now as well as what is currently under the hood. I will retain the engine for now, but replace the 650DP with an Edelbrock EFI. Also need to change the camshaft when I have all the required tech data figured out to have a custom cam made.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent! I'm pleased that the pic system is working for you. Remember that pictures are great for our illiterate forum members! Or those like me who are visually oriented.

Keep 'em coming, please.

Dan

Comment

Unloading of the chassis from the crate ... No Limit installed a junk yard short block and my American Powertrain T56 Magnum and had an aluminum drive shaft done. Sorry for the photo to be sideways ...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Street Garage; August 3, 2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

SAWEET
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Looking at the sideways photo - I just thought gravity was "different" in Germany. But I have to fix mine in my photo program (I used iPhoto that came with my Canon camera) before I put it on the desktop where I grab it to post it.

Thanks for all the pics - interesting!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X