No announcement yet.

The DisAstre project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the only GM H-Body window I have ever taken out so I couldn't tell if this was normal of not.. Im guessing it isnt structural but the previous owner went insane with some sort of sealant around the window It was gooped over the plastic trim clips even. we broke the piano wire 5 times and only got about a foot...
    " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

• nice, my wife has a 75 astre- we just used the
      tried & true SBC swap. its a NASTY 327
      with 10-1 pistons, a set of 2.05 camelhump heads
      and a 280-.495-106 cam and 2600 stall in the th350
      with a 7.5 inch cosworth vega 3.73 rear end.

i'll give you 3 guesses what her favorite color is...

Comment

• I bet that sounds sweet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
          A roll pan would be cool but it's just not in the budget....I'll stay with the stock bumpers but might research De-5 mile an houring them by making mounts that pull them in a little closer to the body...That seems ages away at this point.
          If you have any interest, contact Dan, you never know what he might have stashed away.

Early station wagons evolved from trucks and were not viewed as family autos but instead as commercial vehicles along with vans and pickup trucks. The first station wagons were a product from the era of train travel. They were commonly found at train depots looking to pick up a taxi fare in need of some...
          Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

• Originally posted by patrickth View Post
            If you have any interest, contact Dan, you never know what he might have stashed away.

http://www.dansgarage.net/Wagons.html
            Thanks..Now I'll be obsessing over that 61 Tempest wagon all week..

Comment

• My 66 Tempest Wagon just arrived in Roanoke today. Waiting to hear if the new owner is a happy Camper. Dan is a good guy, been doing this for 30 years and a walk through his yard is a treat seldom found anymore.
              Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
                This is the only GM H-Body window I have ever taken out so I couldn't tell if this was normal of not.. Im guessing it isnt structural but the previous owner went insane with some sort of sealant around the window It was gooped over the plastic trim clips even. we broke the piano wire 5 times and only got about a foot...
                Vega windshields suck. Helps to have some sort of scraper tool to remove sealant from the inside first, even then it's a bunch of work.

Comment

• There is a stepped blade on an air tool that viberates side to side..
                  Works pretty good on the newer cars. Those damn things are GLUED IN!
                  Tried to use an electric tool but the one we got has the allen head on the bottom, preventing the blade from laying flat.. But using it to cut lugs on tires works GREAT!

Comment

• Saw something I really liked for the interior.. A Chevelle console with the staple shifter.. Aftermarket companies like shiftworks are now making staple shifters for 4 speed automatics like my 200R4 .. and they offer a ratcheting detent upgrade to fix that sloppy dangerous stock staple shifter overshoot tendency.

Last edited by Hoffbug; February 28, 2016, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• huh. I would have never thought to try that combination. Looks pretty cool!
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• neat idea
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Have you thought about updating the steering wheel? A 94 Chevrolet Cavalier z24 wheel might work!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• With all the cars that have stolen Vega steering wheels in them, perhaps you should move up the food chain and put a Corvette steering wheel in it?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• The interior is still gutted at this point.. Being a Chevelle guy I really dont mind the SS or GT wheel... But Thats an easy change once things are finished...

Comment

• Started back in on the rust repair... The windshield base was fine. the seal for the hood release cable was fine.. But I think when It rained hard the water that got into the cowl area should have drained out a couple of weep holes in the bottom of the side plenums for the kick panel vents.. I think these were too small or got plugged with leaves and other stuff causing the water to come in through the kick panel vents and soak the carpet...

Last edited by Hoffbug; April 16, 2016, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X