No announcement yet.

Rebeldryver's '65 Impala SS Black Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'd forgo the wiring to be in on a dyno session also.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Started ripping out the bad wiring to replace with good. I have three headlight wiring harnesses to make one good one.

Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 5, 2014, 08:58 PM.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Hey, I'm good at wiring, let me help! Just ask Squirrel!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Thanks, Randal, but I have shangaied Scott Clark and his neato tools.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Good move! Besides, Mom always said that two Scotts are better than one (or something like that).

Dan

Comment

• Great Scotts! It never gets old =P

Comment

• Scotty, please, for the love of Pete, beam both of these comedians to another planet.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• We ARE on another planet. (We were exiled from our home planet centuries ago)

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; April 6, 2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• See the mess under the dash. Amazing I was able to get this out without cutting out any of the gauge and stereo wiring I added. Pure luck.

Here is the rats nest with the replacement fuse box/ harness in the background. The other car had factory AC and no gauges, so I may need to make some adjustments to the new one to get it work.

This shows the reason. The windshield always leaked at it's base and dripped right on the fuse box. The third fuse from the left, it's tabs are paper thin. That's the tail light, dome light, and gauge light fuse.

Here's the leftovers from making a new headlight/ horn relay harness.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• hey scott, idk if this helps you now but the other day I found a website that sells dash harnesses for the B-body. I dont have the link on the other computer, the only downside is that the harness is close to 500 bucks and it still uses the old glass fuses.
                      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                        hey scott, idk if this helps you now but the other day I found a website that sells dash harnesses for the B-body. I dont have the link on the other computer, the only downside is that the harness is close to 500 bucks and it still uses the old glass fuses.
                        That's neato. But, I got all of these other wiring harnesses for $40.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

That's neato. But, I got all of these other wiring harnesses for $40.
                          I'd buy that for a dollar. hey if you come across the driver side Bel-Air 1/4 panel emblem off a 1966ish car let me know. its the only exterior trim piece missing off my car. old Iron tends to survive better down your way. up here most boneyards are filled with 1980 and up

also what wheels are those, they look awesome.
                          Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• looks like a whole lotta spis-getty.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              looks like a whole lotta spis-getty.
                              I've made *cough* seen worse

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                                I'd buy that for a dollar. hey if you come across the driver side Bel-Air 1/4 panel emblem off a 1966ish car let me know. its the only exterior trim piece missing off my car. old Iron tends to survive better down your way. up here most boneyards are filled with 1980 and up also what wheels are those, they look awesome.
                                There is a 65 bel air in the yard. The car I got this stuff from. And a bunch more. I know they have at least six 66's, not sure if any are bel airs. Those wheels are from Summit.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X