No announcement yet.

Rebeldryver's '65 Impala SS Black Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the under hood fuel lines made, just waiting for adapter fittings and new fuel log to come in. Also got the thermostat in and engine now holds water/coolant. Figured out the return spring issue thanks to a $5 assortment of springs from the parts store HELP! line.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

They are same width, but the length of the RPM's are 1.95" and the Victor's are 1.89" . That was surprising. I really should port match them to the heads, but at this port I am hoping to keep the low rpm port velocity up for better low-mid range torque. It may be a futile hope, but we will see.
      [URL=http://s98.photobucket.com/user/rebeldryver/media/DSC_1971_zps79281d77.jpg.html]
      I wouldn't think a tiny mismatch like that would kill power, unless it was the heads that were smaller.

In fact, I would venture a guess that the slight step would actually help prevent reversion while still keeping up port velocity.

I vote leave it.
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• Shocked and flattered that my little thread on my beat up POS has gone over 200,000 page views.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Shocked and flattered that my little thread on my beat up POS has gone over 200,000 page views.
          Your pain is our pleasure............

Comment

• People are starving for entertainment. Much of CA's economy is based on that. And - it's a great thread!

Dan

Comment

• You're saying Scott is just acting? Here I thought he was a dyed-in-the-wool true hotrodder.... but if Dan says he isn't.... sigh

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Yeah, but he's a GREAT actor! So is the Imp.

Dan

Comment

• At least it isn't a rerun....

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Yeah, but he's a GREAT actor! So is the Imp.

Dan
                    Yes I am. I have been convincing people that I am a limo driver for 18 years. I am really a pizza driver disguised in a suit to avoid the authorities.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Where else am I going to find a tech article on '65 Impalas.

Comment

Shocked and flattered that my little thread on my beat up POS has gone over 200,000 page views.
                        The reason is Scott, at least for me is that you drive the car. You beat on it, you work on it. It's what everyone can relate to. This post is one of my favorites in not my favorite.
                        Last edited by Huskinhano; April 20, 2013, 06:11 PM.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Got the rest of my fuel line bits and pieces for my fuel lines.

The new fuel log. That old chromey log was removed and installed a bazillion times so it's had it.

The only thing wrong with flipping the fuel log backwards is that the fuel pressure gauge fitting is now facing the wrong way.

The fuel log on the carb. The line I made earlier this week ended up a bit long for me when everything was put together today. I shortened it about 3 inches. Beats being too short.

I realized I didn't have a fuel filter anymore, so I got this fantastic one from Golen. It was pricey, but looks good and has a cleanable element.

Here it is all together.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yes I am. I have been convincing people that I am a limo driver for 18 years. I am really a pizza driver disguised in a suit to avoid the authorities.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I forgot to mention the reasoning for the routing of the fuel line. It would seem the most logical routing would be up the front of the engine from the fuel pump. My plan for installing the turbos are up in front and to the side of the of the valve covers. I wanted the fuel as far from the turbo heat as possible. Also, when I upgrade the whole fuel system later from tank to carb with an electric pump, I wanted the shortest route, hence the location of the regulator.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• It's hard to tell from the pics, but a lot of different sanctioning bodies require lines/regulators/etc to be a minimum 6 inches forward of the bell housing. Just can't tell the distance In The photos
                                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                                X