No announcement yet.

The Silver Buick's well Silver Buick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Silver Buick's well Silver Buick!

I just found out that mid-90's caprices had the wheels I am looking for...Steelies 15X8....I want to run 205's or 215's...With a 295 DR on the track.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Diggin' the wheel and tire combo. Kinda brings that car back to the musclecar era. It's a good look. Are the tires the same height and width all around?
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
        Diggin' the wheel and tire combo. Kinda brings that car back to the musclecar era. It's a good look. Are the tires the same height and width all around?
        So far I've only got two T/A Radials. I have four Buick Rallye rims though, but two things are keeping me from matching up the rear yet. First is the rear axle is still on the 4 3/4 bolt pattern until I swap the rear axle out (which now I have all the parts for) and so still has 14" rims on it, but the wheel size is the same over all diameter. Secondly I want to see how much clearance I have in the front with the suspension and steering before I order the second set of tires incase I need to narrow them up a bit to clear the fender wells and such.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Mail call. The Differential Girdle and Valve springs to match the cam showed up from T/A. I swear I ordered them yesterday, but in retro spect it was two days ago. I was surprised to see them here already.

I'm off to the bar to negotiate use of a car trailer ;)

Comment

I put the other side together and the took some pictures.

The diameter's are pretty much the same. 215/70 R14 to 235/60 R15

A bit wider.

A bigger foot print.

The F-bomb can pull the tires on dirt, what'll take to be able to pull the tires on snow? ;D

Now I got to get the rear axle together and swapped out to get the rear wheels to match.

Comment

Very Nice Randal....Can't wait to see it with all the wheels.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Car is coming along great!! You've got some tough working conditions.

Comment

Always liked the buick wheels....the look good with bfg's too....diggin it

Comment

Randal, that's so cool to see a 5" bolt pattern rallye on what is usually a 4 3/4" car! I love it! Looks great with the Radial T/As!

My Buick is the other way around right now... I've got 4 3/4" on the front and 5" on the rear. It sucks having to tote around 2 spare tires. Originally a V6 car with a Caprice cop car 8.5" out back now.

Comment

Thanks guys. What I like about the 5" pattern is it matches my Centurion. Yeah, my Centurion and Skylark have the same rims now The rear is still 4 3/4", but that will change as soon as I get the rear axle together.

Comment

I have to agree as well, the Buick rims look great. Always were a favorite of mine.

I think we should do an exchange program here on the forum. The southern guys work on their cars in the cold north during the winter and the northern guys go to the south....sounds fair to me *LOL*
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I'm a "from down south" guy (Southern California) that moved north and is to dumb to stop for winter because I don't know any better :P ;D

Comment

I had a set of those rims on my '80 Chevy PU - looked good there, too.

Great progress

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                              I had a set of those rims on my '80 Chevy PU - looked good there, too.
                              That's funny Dan, there's actually a guy at the Mine that has a set of Buick rims on his Chevy truck. Before I scored most of these from a Junkyard I wanted to bug the guy about buying his. His aren't in that great of shap though.

In updated news, I'm being almost completely lazy today because I have to go back to work tomorrow :'( but I did manage to drop the rear axle off at a local machine shop to weld the axle tubes. They also do a fair amount of drive line work so when I get the new rear axle in I can get the drive shaft shortened and balanced as necessary there.

Comment

Very cool about the wheels, you gave me the "hmmm, I wonder..." thought. I have strange axles on my 12 bolt - which have both 4 3/4 and 5 on 5 patterns drilled into the flange.... it would have been so easy when I did tall spindle conversion to have gone 5 on 5... but at that time I didn't know I'd be buying new axles for my 100.00 12 bolt.....
                                aaron
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X