No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old glass fuses are fine, they have them at real auto parts stores. I'm definitely NOT using modern plastic fuses.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      Jim - I bet you can find a combination of spring, jet, needle that makes the cruise AFR more reasonable and doesn't suffer lean tip in bog. I agree on the look - and know that's important to you - hex head holley bowl screws on a "period correct" car just don't get it - hopefully you can find the proper slot or even phillips screws for the carters at mcmaster or a similar place. I know it's not period correct - but the wiring kits from rebelwire, speedway, American auto wire, ron francis, etc are universal and are a bargain compared to painless. They come with the modern fuses you can find anywhere - I recently searched for the old glass tube fuses and was not having much luck - I'd hate to be in need of some on dragweek.
      today, with internet shopping, you can get any bussmann fuse you'd want.. and have a few in glove box.. I have also made a few glass fuses that I soldered a new fuse holders wires to or just put blade terminal female ends on the wires.. and wa la.. in a jam ,glass fuse.. any amp you need.. just pop a new type, easy to find fuse into the holder and bam.. every junk yard crawl.. I grab fuses and these fuse holders when I see them..
      Attached Files

Comment

• Looks like the recall harness for 92-02 crown victoria cruise control to prevent them from going up in flames. they come with 2 2.5 amp fuses in them. And they clip inline off the master cylinder and harness. no tools to remove at a pull a part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Admirall2 View Post
          Looks like the recall harness for 92-02 crown victoria cruise control to prevent them from going up in flames. they come with 2 2.5 amp fuses in them. And they clip inline off the master cylinder and harness. no tools to remove at a pull a part.
          Look at F150's too. Same recall/service action

Comment

• Glass fuses. Little round ones. None of this modern crap
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Glass fuses. Little round ones. None of this modern crap
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Hell, when I was a boy........

Remember when the Germans had those little pointy fuses that you had to get into the fuse holders just SO? One of the many things that put me off Bosch electrics.

And there were long, medium length, and occasionally short glass fuses. Working at the Buick dealer, we always had the right ones, which was a luxury compared to my friends who worked at the gas stations.

Ah, them was the days.........

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; January 13, 2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• SFE fuses were used on Chevys in the 50s, the 4, 9, 14 are all different lengths. I keep a box of each in my old trucks.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    Glass fuses. Little round ones. None of this modern crap
                    so that means when you can't find any when you are on side of road, you'll use tin foil or a pen spring..

Comment

• Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                      so that means when you can't find any when you are on side of road, you'll use tin foil or a pen spring..
                      A stripped tire core works wonderfully.. Never trip.. Reminds me ...I need to put a fuse back in!

Comment

• I haven't had to replace a glass fuse on the side of the road since...um....ever? But I keep extras in the car anyways.

btw they have them at radio shack.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• Ok that's settled. Now on to cloth wrapped wire and B-17 seats.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Seats....I've been looking for seats. These are the ones I've found that seem most like what I want, that I can find available.

and there are covers available too.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Had a pair when the kids were growing up.. They used them for watching tv..

Comment

• I have bomber seats in mine and they are light and comfortable, just ask Mike and Ron. I gave both of them a ride separately when the fuel pump went out on the Irishman.
                                Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Working...
                                X