No announcement yet.

Ethyl Returns as a Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm starting to get ideas again about being an enabler...
    Last edited by silver_bullet; June 6, 2018, 08:24 AM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I guarantee, Opiods pale when compared to hot rods

Comment

• Originally posted by wrp View Post
        I guarantee, Opiods pale when compared to hot rods
        Does it have to be either or?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

No that is the beauty, in thirty minutes it can be either or

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

It can be either or in thirty minutes, I couldn't afford a Opiod habit with my Hot Rod Habit too so yes they are mutually exclusive
            Last edited by wrp; June 6, 2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• got the front and rear glass in today. Also wired the electric windows and straightened the hood hinges getting ready for the final alignment once the roof is bolted down.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nearing the end of this build. Yesterday they put the engine compartment side struts on, reinforced the headlight mounts, aligned the nose cone and did some work on the hood alignment. Also got to sit in the car for the first time with the roof on it. I was very pleased.

Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3128.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	1205181Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3130.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	1205182Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3132.jpg Views:	1 Size:	561.7 KB ID:	1205183Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3134.jpg Views:	1 Size:	736.3 KB ID:	1205184Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3135.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	1205185 Off topic a little but while I was out at the shop Kory showed me a new project. A 1928 Chevrolet Dump Truck. The hydraulic bed still runs, the truck still drives. The truck spent its entire life in a California Gold Field
                  Last edited by wrp; June 16, 2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• They also learned that while the truck is a 1928 Chevy, the body is a 1929 Dodge Brothers

Comment

• it always amazes me how the pre-40s trucks were so interchangeable among brands...
                      love how your car is turning out
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• I was just thinking about how cool it would look with eight injector stacks......
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by wrp View Post
                            They also learned that while the truck is a 1928 Chevy, the body is a 1929 Dodge Brothers
                            That explains why the body line on the cowl doesn't have a corresponding line in the hood. A lot of cross-breeding back in The Olden Days (Ford manual 3-speeds in Studebakers, etc.).

Dan

Comment

• Kory scored an Old Air HVAC under dash unit at MSRA Back to the Fifties. Fits really good under the dash with the console. We probably will wait on the LS swap before completing the AC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seq-17a8.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1206899Click image for larger version

Name:	Seq-17a6.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1206900
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by wrp; June 27, 2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Cool! (Pun intended...)
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X