Hemi Coupe: 1931 Plymouth Hot Rod project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan,
    Let me know when you're going to be in the area.
    I'd love to be on an LSR crew, but time constraints would rule it out this year.

Comment

• Our first meet is April 13, 14, 15. I HOPE I can make the other meets but that depends on $$ - the new track is a lot more expensive than in previous years and I have a longer and therefore more expensive tow.

Dan

Comment

• I FINALLY got it on the road. I went for a drive sunday, 5 years after starting the project, and about 20 years since I first started collecting parts for it. No sense rushing! I drove it to a car show, where it got a very positive response. It went pretty well for a first time out. But I do have a bunch of items to fix and need to get stuff dialed in. I'm pretty sure I'll make it to Drag Week this year.

Comment

• AWESOME!!!!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• YEAH!!!!!!

Dan

Comment

• Outstanding! It looks so basic at first glance, but then when you look at some details you can see there is a bunch of engineering under that black wraper. I love those black AN fittings you have on the front of the motor, and I think that's a bit of a clue as to the quality that's been put into the build. Hope to see it fer-real some day!
              Last edited by mike343sharpstick; June 13, 2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Thanks, guys. Mike, I like your comment, and I heard something similar at the car show. Once I decided that Drag Week was on the cars agenda, I had to re-envision the car. Your comment embodies the look I was then going for, so I is gratifying to hear that you noticed!
                Last edited by Hemi Joel; June 14, 2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• I fixed a few bugs and will be driving it the 50 miles to the "back to the 50's" event in St. Paul friday, maybe saturday. If anyone else is going, let me know and we can rendezvous.

Comment

• Pics or it didn't happen.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                      Pics or it didn't happen.
                      Oh, there will be pictures! That's for sure.

Comment

• thank you!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                          I fixed a few bugs and will be driving it the 50 miles to the "back to the 50's" event in St. Paul friday, maybe saturday. If anyone else is going, let me know and we can rendezvous.
                          St. Paul, MN? We get close to there at least once a year - Grandgirls live there. If that's the St. Paul in question we'll have to get together.

Dan

Comment

• that's where BTTF is....

I haven't been there since 1989, for the Street Rod Nationals. And I was born in Minneapolis.
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Our oldest son lives in St. Paul but I didn't realize Hemi Joel was that close to there. Getting together has become possible!

Dan

Comment

• You didn't see him when he went to Speed Week?

and you'll see us both on Drag Week this year, right? since we're going to your end of the country
                                Last edited by squirrel; June 22, 2018, 10:21 PM.
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X