No announcement yet.

Project Austin street gasser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to fix a coolant leak today. Found my radiator low when it started running hot. On closer inspection (while running) I found the lower hose clamp was off the end of the hose a bit. The lower hose is a 90 that is 4"x4", and really tight fitting. Got the clamp back in place and it's stopped leaking!

Comment

• Epic ride! great thread

Got to love it when its an easy fix!
      A.K.A. Brian
      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
        Epic ride! great thread

Got to love it when its an easy fix!
        Thanks DWB! I always like cheap and easy!

Comment

• Finally got the picture from the get together with Ed Iskenderian off my old cell phone! Had to get a new phone today, so the Verizon tech got it off and sent it to my email. Not the best pic, but at least I got it!

Comment

• pretty cool. I didn't realize your car was the centerpiece (rightly so)
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Me either! It wasn't planned, ut after I got there they asked me to put it in by the stage, and I sure wasn't disappointed!

Comment

• Not much to do to the Austin lately, so got to work on some maintenance items on the '69 Burb!
                Started out this morning to fix a horrible rear brake squeal. I've been meaning to do it for weeks, and lately I've been getting some pretty dirty looks from pedestrians who obviously think the truck is down to are metal from their expressions.
                Pulled the rear wheels and drums and as I thought the shoes were near new, so I beveled the ends to stop the squeal. When I went to put the wheels back on I noticed another irritating reminder. The chrome wheels were getting some pretty heavy rust around the middle, and in a few other places. I've been checking the local listings for some "new" used wheels, but the 5x5 pattern doesn't show up often.
                I finally decided I was done polishing and trying to keep the rust under control. I got out the angle head grinder and a flapper disc and went at the wheels to totally scuff up all the chrome, and remove the rust. When I finished I got a couple cans of Rustoleum graphite color wheel paint and masked off the wheels and gave them 3-4 good coats. I think they came out great, and I don't miss the rusty chrome wheels at all!

Comment

• that looks excellent. Pedestrians, they should be thankful they can hear you coming

Comment

• Thanks! I'll probably keep looking for those American Torque Thrusts I want, but just not as hard as I was looking!

Comment

• My torque thrusts are still sitting in a nice pile in the shop while I wait for my GTO to come home.... I still say you should have bought from the CA gypsy - I say that with a smirk, when I got home, I had an email from him thanking me for my purchase and offering to help in any way he could. Not too often you get that kind of response from a swap meet vendor.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        My torque thrusts are still sitting in a nice pile in the shop while I wait for my GTO to come home.... I still say you should have bought from the CA gypsy - I say that with a smirk, when I got home, I had an email from him thanking me for my purchase and offering to help in any way he could. Not too often you get that kind of response from a swap meet vendor.
                        Guess I didn't see that guy at the swap meet? Was he having any good deals on Torque Thrusts?

Comment

• I paid $125 each for the 17x8 and 17x9s

of course, the best deal was new tires for 80 bucks for all 4
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 11, 2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Wish I had known about that guy! I'd have gladly bought four 15x7 for that price! Do you have his info? Maybe I can work a deal on them shipped that wont be too much.
                            Last edited by 1946Austin; May 11, 2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• I see if I can find it....

Comment

• NICE DAY TODAY, get any gasser time?

Comment

Working...
                                X