Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    YES! overflowing 275 gallon tank of WIN
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Very NICE!

Comment

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Comment

Had a nice sunny cool day today, so tried to rack up miles on the breakin oil, so I can get it changed. Put a couple hundred miles on the car just cruising around the rural roads. It was a lot of fun!
          Last edited by 1946Austin; February 24, 2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

'tis sunny no more.... trying to snow 3 hours north of you.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

woke up to 3+ inches of wet slush and ice.... still ccccold and fluries....
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yeah, looks like it's snowing here this morning, and the forecast is for ugly weather for the near future! May be grounded for awhile! Sunny Monday, then rain forever!

Comment

This is definitely the coolest thread on BS. Great inspiration!

Comment

Thanks Thumpin455!

Comment

Looks great. Sweet ride.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                        Looks great. Sweet ride.
                        Thanks! Just a few little tweaks to get it where I want it now.

Comment

Totally perfect. Well done sir!
                          "We can't stop here, IT's bat country!"

Comment

Originally posted by 1_slo_gen_2 View Post
                            Totally perfect. Well done sir!
                            Thank you 1 slo gen 2!

Comment

Ever since I put the new cam in I've basically had almost no brakes! They felt like typical power brakes do when the engine is off. I was afraid the new cam might be too long a duration and create a low vacuum situation, and it did. I tried a vacuum reservoir, but that didn't help.
                              So today I decided to do something about it. I pulled the Subaru master and removed the power booster. Then I gutted the booster to get the adjustable rod off the back, and the round tipped rod to the master off the front.
                              I was going to bolt the master to the firewall, but the master and pedal assembly have different patterns on each side of the booster, plus I'd have to rework the brake lines to get them to fit again. Instead I went to the metal yard and got a piece of heavy wall 5"x5" box tubing and cut a couple inches out of the middle of it. After that I welded it back together and made a template for each side to match the firewall and master cylinder. Used a hole saw to open a large hole in the center on each side, then cut the bottom edge at an angle to make better clearance for pulling the valve covers. Once I had things mocked up I measured the distance on the rod and welded a section in the middle to make up what I lost with the power booster gone. This keeps the adjustable rod for pedal height, which is always a good thing to have.
                              A little paint and some stainless steel hardware and it's back in place. Brakes work great as a manual system, and the pedal ratio is 6 to 1 so shouldn't have to exert a bunch of pressure to lock things up in a panic stop!

Comment

Built a small aluminum cover to hide all the bolts inside the new bracket. Just something simple to cover things and dress it a bit:

We've got our first run this Sunday, so it will get a short trip to the get together.

Comment

Working...
                                X