No announcement yet.

Project Austin street gasser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally love your car, you must have a blast with that thing. Nice job!
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegaman View Post
      Totally love your car, you must have a blast with that thing. Nice job!
      Thanks Vegaman!
      My wife went with me Sun. to the hotrod breakfast, and it was her first ride since the engine work. She enjoyed it, but asked if I couldn't slow down during the shifts. I had to laugh because I was really babying it with her in the car, and I had to tell her I was going about as slow as the car could go.

Comment

• Clamped off my line from the fuel cell today and intalled my 10 micron canister filter. Had to relocate the fuel pump to do it, so I built a mounting rail from 2"x2" aluminum angle and mounted them both on it. Then just drilled holes that lined up with the old mounting holes for the fuel pump and bolted it all in place.
        Haven't had any fuel problems with a new fuel cell and lines, but never know when you might get some ugly gas these days!

Comment

• Had the wife with me on another run this week. She got her first ride wheels up! Needless to say she was not a happy camper, but got over it pretty quickly!

Comment

• I love the scream of the motor as it goes through the gears. I'm not so fond of going deaf from the scream of my wife as I go through the gears.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Wife was pretty quiet throughout. It was when my buddy called and said, "Dude, you got daylight under the front tires when you left!" That got her a little bit excited, and not in a good way!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                Wife was pretty quiet throughout. It was when my buddy called and said, "Dude, you got daylight under the front tires when you left!" That got her a little bit excited, and not in a good way!
                At least your's rides with you... Mine won't...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  At least your's rides with you... Mine won't...
                  She seems to really like the Austin, but she's never really been as interested in my '71 Camaro.

Comment

• Did a little reworking of the fuel lines today, so had to run to the local hardware store to get some fittings. While I was there I came across some 1" aluminum tubing that was pretty cheap, and looked like it would work for another idea I had been considering.
                    Been wanting to possibly change out my tie rod and drag link for chrome pieces, but they don't make the sizes I need. I purchased the aluminum tubing and cut it to length of my tie rod and drag link. Took one heim off and slid them over the rod for a perfect fit!
                    Afterwards I got the Never Dull out and polished them up a bit, and they came out great I think!

Comment

• Sure did!

Comment

• that looks perfect
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Thanks guys! I love cheap, easy changes!

Comment

• Nice! Tweaks like these can be the most satisfying as you continue to transform a project into what you had in your minds eye - this little monster is flat out awesome!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              Nice! Tweaks like these can be the most satisfying as you continue to transform a project into what you had in your minds eye - this little monster is flat out awesome!
                              Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Comment

• Aluminum? I dont know my ass from a hole in the ground most days but I have to ask.... is it beefy enough to last up there?
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X