67 lt1 powered chevy II nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 lt1 powered chevy II nova

hadnt posted in a while. i thought i had already posted a thread on this car a couple yrs ago. maybe it was on carjunkies.
    i recently did a cheap ($41 in krylon rattle can and $12 scotchbrite and about $9 in sandpaper) paint job on it. lol turned out decent. lol

before pic. engine is 160k mile stock lt1 350 i did have the heads ported (stock valves) and swapped the springs. has 1 5/8 headers, 1.6 rockers and mezeire electric water pump. everything else is stock in the engine. also has a 2 stage drykit. trans is a th/350 with 10" conv. (around 3000 stall). rearend is the stock 8.2 10 bolt with original 3.08 gears. i swapped in a mini spool.
    to date its been 6.69@100 in the 8th mile. has full interior (ok, its missing the doorpanels)lol
    makes for a fun driver.

Comment

btw, engine still has 100% stock lt1 efi.

Comment

I love it! as far as I'm conserned it's the best post on here right now. Nice combo, it works, and 6.60's with a 3.08! lots more left!
        Two thumbs up from me!
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Damn, that's hauling the mail for a 3.08 geared, stock LT1. Way to go.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

well, you would think a gear would help it. but, i doubt it. it runs out of steam quick with the stock cam. i think more gear would slow it down. lol

Comment

What transmission is in there?
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                What transmission is in there?
                th/350. stock rebuild with a cheap shift kit.
                btw, its best 60ft. is 1.44
                Last edited by lt1racing; February 12, 2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

heres a youtube video;

note the purring like a kitten smooth idle. lol
                  Last edited by lt1racing; February 12, 2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Nice! You don't see too many LT1 builds, but they seem to me like they're quite a bargain motor now with everyone overlooking them for LSxs.

Comment

havent posted in awhile. swapped out the 10" converter for a stock reman. to see what kinda mpg i could get. drove it to the track this past weekend made 5 passes and drove home. as well as around town. averaged 22.5 mpg. no overdrive!
                      while the tight converter slowed the car down on the motor. its faster with nitrous. ive also added 235/60 m/t drag radials (so no tire swaps) and added a cheap piece of rubber hose in the tank to prevent fuel slosh. went a new best of 6.59 @ 103 in the 8th mile.
                      drive it to work all the time too.

Comment

I love this car! The II is one of my favorite chevys. How much N2O are you giving it?

Oh incase you want the old thread:
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

thanks. about 240 split up into two stages. both dry shots.

Comment

what size injectors are you running? You still got the shoe box?
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

injectors are stock. almost everything is stock. lol yes, still have the 55. planning on running it tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X