Mary's 40 Ford coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops on the second page again.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

C'mon Ed...How about an update?
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Back to the front page.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Been busy as can be at work, so nothing much going on in the garage......I'm still fiddling with the trunk deck, and it's starting to look fairly good. Got an issue with the rear pan and trunk deck alignment, so more to be done in that area.. I'll try to get some photos uploaded when I get back home late this week. Appreciate the continued interest.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dang, that making a living crap sure complicates a good car project (five years until I retire to the garage -- I've already warned the wife not to look for me anywhere else).
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Just checking in to see if you have posted anything. Hope things are going well.

Comment

Any Progress reports??
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Ed your going to run out of warm weather soon and you are going to have to heat that garage so you can work through the winter.

Comment

Yeah Ed ...
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Hi there folks
                      I just purchased a 40 coupe and happened across this. Been scratching my head as to where to start. The car was going to be a drag car, has the floor and rockers cut out, does not come with proper frame but a fourlink rear clip, universal rails, and the proper mustang 2 stuff. I got new rockers, new floor kit and everything like that for it, but no idea where the rockers mount, distances etc, so a lot of figuring to do. I will be following your build as you go, i have learnt alot already, and when you get to the body, I am sure i will learn alot more. thank you for posting this for me and all of the other builders out there

Comment

Ed - everything OK? Just because I'm taking a breather on the falcon to catch up on other things doesn't mean you get to deprive us of 40 progress pictures.... ;-)
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yeah, everything here is fine, but busy. Work keeps me pretty busy, and of course the yard (read leaves and grass sowing) makes fall a busy time. Still piddling around with the trunk deck....got some issues with the rear cowl....makes the trunk deck a poor fit.....gonna have to study that awhile.....
                          Welcome brownies40.....as you have seen, Mary's coupe was disassembled for me, so I'm learning as I go, and hopefully nothing here will lead you astray......
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Well, the trunk deck is pretty well done, still some welding to finish up, but there seems to be an alignment issue with it near the bottom radiuses.....cant's seem to get the overlap even. I think I may have a buddy with a frame machine trammel the car and make sure it's not twisted or bent somewhere. No doors on it now, but as I recall the gaps were pretty good for an old car.......
                            Next issue that caught me by surprise......a friend of mine that sandblasts has lost his lease on the buildings he uses to manufacture trailers. So........quick! Get the coupe down to get it cleaned up before I have to haul it 60 miles one-way!

First time out in the sunshine in quite awhile:

I bought one of those Northern Tools $70 winches to help me out in the loading part......seems to work pretty good but the power leads won't reach the battery. Had to snake it over the bed and clamp on to my jumpers with 2/4s for insulation:

Didn't want to mess up the frame, so I pulled the bolts and left the body on some tires. Brought the roller home and garaged it, then took the trailer back to re-load the coupe for sandblasting.

Hopefully I'll have another update before Christmas.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I've been lusting after a power wench. Er - winch. Either one.

Feelin' silly
                              Dan

Comment

Unnerstan........
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X