No announcement yet.

Mary's 40 Ford coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good progress Ed - you are making me feel lazy! I haven't made much progress on the truck but seems lots of "other stuff" is getting done in the meantime.

Comment

• Well, this one has been in progress quite awhile! Mostly due to the 'other stuff' you refer to..............
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Still wiring and working on getting the correct fittings for the steering rack. Should finish up the neutral safety switch and speedo wiring tomorrow, and hopefully the fan as well. Then about all that's left is the A/C and the door/windows, which can't be done until after they're painted.
        Put in a pressure switch for the brake lights......get to bleed the brakes again. Oh boy!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Thanks for the update! Tammy was asking how Mary's car was coming just last night...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• if you don't have a vacuum power bleeder - buy one, they pay for themselves very quickly in convenience, speed, and lack of requiring a second person to bleed brakes!
            This is going to be a spectacular car!!!!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I use a one man bleeder about $ 10.00 bucks at AutoZone.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• I made a pressure bleeder out of a yard sprayer.........and modified a master cylinder cover to provide an input port..........works fairly good, but if one of the plastic hoses blows off, man, what a mess! Had a buddy come over tonight and we did it the old fashioned way.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Ed Macgyver .
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Made a cover to use a tire pump on.. Less chance of overpressurizing it.. Could not find the bike pump so used a litttttle blast from air hose.. Whatta messss! Lol. My kid was mad.. Have not seen that cover since that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Made a cover to use a tire pump on.. Less chance of overpressurizing it.. Could not find the bike pump so used a litttttle blast from air hose.. Whatta messss! Lol. My kid was mad.. Have not seen that cover since that day.
                      I made my oil system pressure primer from an old pressure cooker. I apply air thru the paint spray regulator off the compressor - works great. Bet you could do the same.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; February 24, 2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• So, any luck on the electrical gremlins?
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Yes, all is well. Turns out my fan relay was shot for some reason, and the panel had power when I remembered to turn the damn key on......duh..
                          Temporarily installed the radiator, need to fabricate the hoses today. I'll make the tranny oil cooler lines once the correct fittings get here.
                          Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 24, 2018, 06:51 AM.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• It’s going to be fun watching Earl chase this car around.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I had a brain fart like that on Maggie. After I got it all wired I had a problem with her starting the next day had no power to anything. I had disconnected the battery the night before only took a half hour to figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                                It’s going to be fun watching Earl chase this car around.
                                Maybe Earl's getting a belt driven air cleaner?
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X