X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this work Ed?

Wiring looks great!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      would this work Ed?
      https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/g.../28460/4330680

Wiring looks great!
      I think that may be the one we ordered today at my local CarQuest, although I think it needs to be a tighter radius. The hose barbs aren't an inch apart. . I'll let you know.
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 29, 2018, 08:26 PM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• 64 merc 390 has a short hose maybe 3" long from water pump to intake.. Gotta take the pump or intake off to install.. Barbs were half diameter off too!
        Your hose is likely an "improvement" on that design?

Comment

• This hose is cut to fit my bypass hoses are real short too you have to fight them a bit but they will go.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            ....why does Ford 'bypass' the thermostat? Oh well, the part is out there in one form or another...
            The bypass makes it so the system exchanges hot water for cold into the engine as part of a recirculating stream and not just slamming it in there, it's good to have one. Searching "bypass hose", images gets you all kinds of shapes and sizes including some pretty-tight bends.

Nice-looking motor

Toyota Land Cruiser part, diameter unknown:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Loren; January 30, 2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• When I did the one on the Volvo I went to the Advance (they know me) and search thru the inventory until I came up with something that would fit. Can't remember the original application but it WAS a stinker to squeeze in there - lots of WD40 to help.

Dan

Comment

• Excellent progress Ed!

Comment

• Ford made millions of these things I don't understand why it's hard to find a the right bypass hose. I have had the parts guy look at me like I was stupid before when I asked for one.

I assume it let's the water circulate inside the engine before the t-stat opens. With out it you might get hot spots and t-stat might not open when it should. If you are not running a t-stat it might not be as big of a deal?
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Well, I learned something from this little scavenger hunt.........the hose barbs are 9/16". Didn't know there was such a thing.

I also learned a neat little trick from my local auto mechanic shop........a little Armor All makes hoses easy to install. Works much better than WD-40.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Cool trick I'll have to try it I've always used alittle grease.
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• I use windex or pretty much any glass cleaner
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Never Armour All a motorbike seat that you are gonna throttle...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Never Armour All a motorbike seat that you are gonna throttle...
                            Good advice right there...........
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Or the brake pedal on your car. ( Made that mistake before)

Comment

• Still wiring.........got the little bypass hose issue resolved, and got to the point the steering column had to go in. Starting to look like a car. Need to index the horn plate so the wheel is correctly oriented.

Leave Friday on a 4-day trip, then two days finishing up my daughter's rec room floor project, so it will sit for a week or so. More to come.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X