No announcement yet.

Mary's 40 Ford coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO DD don't belong in hot rod shops and store bought hot rods take second to built ones. Besides it's easier to find parts for a newer hot rod than a 60 or 70yr old ones,but that is just my opinion. I myself have storage problems of my own I need to add on to my shop,but the city is still giving me problems I've been thinking about moving to another place,but I am pretty comfortable where I am at and hate to move. Good Luck with what you come up with.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• I made a mistake when I built the house. Thought a 3-car garage would work out okay, but I should have put the house in a different place (we live on a lake, so space is at a premium and the covenants don't help either) and built a detached shop. We plan on moving once I retire (in about 2 more years) and I will take what I've learned here, with me the new place.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Add heat to the plan so it is spring time weather all year long in the shop at least. Good Luck and Merry Christmas to you and Mary.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Time to build a shed?
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            I made a mistake when I built the house. Thought a 3-car garage would work out okay, but I should have put the house in a different place (we live on a lake, so space is at a premium and the covenants don't help either) and built a detached shop. We plan on moving once I retire (in about 2 more years) and I will take what I've learned here, with me the new place.
            My retirement shack ... Shed = 3 times the size of the house
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• The house is 2,000 sq. ft. The shop is about 1500 sq. ft. if you include the mezzanine. It isn't big enough but it's all the lot that the county would let me cover in building. But not too bad.

Retirement is GOOD.

Dan

Comment

• Two waterfront lots, but I put the house right smack dab in the middle to keep the neighbors at bay....and as close to the water as possible......duh.
                The driveway to the left of the house leads to our sewer holding tank. Proximity to the lake means that no septic tanks are allowed. So......that area remains open for the cleanout truck to access the tank. No room left, since the covenants prohibit structures in front of the house........

Back yard is filled with terraces to the water.

This picture was taken after I killed off the clover in the yard. Grass is back, and it's much nicer looking. What we have here is a GREAT lake house for water-related activities. For car-related activities, not so much.
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 26, 2013, 10:28 AM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Very nice Ed. Is that a Chrysler in front of the garage?
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Not really.........it's badged as a Chrysler, but it's actually a product of Mitsubishi Motors. I sold it (200K miles) and started using a '94 Z28 for my work car in April. I have to say the Sebring was a great work car. Reliable, front wheel drive, and got about 30 mpg.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Ed, don't forget that you can go UP over the existing shop. With a couple of 4-post hoists you have more car space and/or you can do a mezz and have storage off the work area. Saves me LOTS of grief! If you finish the addition properly it'll just look from the outside like a typical second story over the garage like lots of homes have.

Stick with me - I'll spend ALL your money!

Beautiful place by the way. Can I come for summer camp?

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; December 26, 2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Nice place Ed at the time you built it you may have thought the only rod you would be into was a fishing rod. They take up less space.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Ed, don't forget that you can go UP over the existing shop. With a couple of 4-post hoists you have more car space and/or you can do a mezz and have storage off the work area. Saves me LOTS of grief! If you finish the addition properly it'll just look from the outside like a typical second story over the garage like lots of homes have.

Stick with me - I'll spend ALL your money!

Beautiful place by the way. Can I come for summer camp?

Dan
                          Haaaaaahahahaaaa........what money??
                          Hahahahaaaaa...you're welcome any time!

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                          Nice place Ed at the time you built it you may have thought the only rod you would be into was a fishing rod. They take up less space.
                          Got a bunch of those too, Greg. The bass live in fear........

thanks, guys.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Ed - your place is a lot nicer, but similar in space constraints to what we moved out of last March, now we have a larger lot - and thankfully no restrictions on building in front of the house - where the 30/40 two story shop is now - the problem is - it's still too small!
                            The ceilings are under 10ft - so no room for my hoist - I'm thinking about multiple options for an addition with 12ft+ceiling height.

Most four post lifts will clear a lower ceiling height - but also give you a lower working height under the car - so you're sort of stuck working from a roller stool under the car, better than laying on the ground, but not ideal, especially when it comes time to drop a transmission, etc.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• one day I'll have a shop bigger than a 1 car garage, but many don't have that so I count my blessings.. Ed. looks good,, the car and the house..

Comment

• I here the fish are afraid of you,but the sheep are afraid of Fred.

Comment

Working...
                                X