No announcement yet.

the notso pretty 56 F100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loaded up the truck today with 2 pairs of wheels and tires to have them swaped around to put on the 56 - new tires on the old wheels, I never would of thought that my rear wheels were NOT 15'' diameter, they are 16.5s - WTF, Im at a loss here, 16.5, the guy at the tire shop showed me stamping on the old tires, 10-16.5, it never crossed my mind. Im pissed at myself for assuming and wasting money at the tire shop to basically have tires taken off wheels

so I need to go thru my coker tire catalog and see if I can find anything I can use, it would prolly be cheaper just to find a set of stock 15'' wheels and send them out to be rehooped
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

what is the bolt circle diameter and lug count ?

37" humvee's are a 16.5 I think? 37" tire too much for the back? Instant pro-street. Cough.

I'm thinking it's probably a 15" 5 on 5.5 and just about any F1/F100/F150 2wd wheel up to the 97 body change would work? I'm heading down there tonight, we can check the spare off my truck if you want? Bronco <- has an 8" wide 5 on 5.5, you can put a pretty wide tire on it. The tire in the picture is a 33 12.50 if I remember right. The 88 in Hillsboro has the same wheels and 275/60-15's fit well.

Also, I think Dodge carried a 5x5.5 for years. I have some 17's in a pile here somewhere that I was going to check for fit on an older F150 I have. I don't know about the hub centric part, whether or not it will fit like I expect it to, but can try that for size if you want?
      Last edited by Beagle; January 21, 2012, 07:30 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

And International Harvester - Scouts - were 5.5 on 5.... also know they have 15" wheels
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

yea the bolt patern is 5x5.5 on my truck

Comment

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/2813179692.html 50.00, not period correct dog dish though. You can get any hoop you want installed on them.

Set of 1993 Ford F-150 Black Steel 15" Wheels - $20 (Rosenberg)

may be 8" wide, perfect for the 275-60x15 , good for rolling around anyway! 4 for 20.00 seems cheap! Maybe a machine shop and make the above rims -> these hoops work?

It was great meeting you, sorry we kinda weenied out. It had been a long day of driving. I'm blaming my dad, he was getting that "I'm gonna turn into a pumpkin" look. Hell, he's 81, and still ended up staying up later than me.
            Last edited by Beagle; January 23, 2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Boogs, what's the interim goal with wheels/tires?

Are you wanting to get the 15" with whitewalls on there now, or are you just looking for rollers while you're working on the truck?

Until you're ready to swap out the front suspension, just go cheapo until you settle on what you really want for rolling stock. There's plenty of decent cheap stuff in 16.5"... I put Yokohama white letter Geolanders on my trucks, and they've taken a beating.
              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

im keeping the front wheels and tires the way they are cept im going to have to blast the beads of the wheels to get the tires to seal properly, both are leaking air right now, im gunna get a set of 15x8s for the rear, if i can find a cheap set of rollers like the ones beagle posted with junk tires that hold air i will use them

Comment

just a quick update, havent really spent any time with the truck but with the days getting longer I can spend some time in the evenings with it after work ......

the Y block is still going to be yanked BUT I may go another route with the engine, I can get a complete 5.4 mod motor from a 01 F250 complete fan to flywheel, intake to pan, puter and harness, $500 from my friends truck that rolled

Comment

Is it just me or does that thing scream "show" truck? If I had it I would want to keep it looking like that, but fix the rust holes. Never paint it, just make it run dead nuts reliable. The Y block exhaust is interesting, its almost like they wanted you to put a turbo on it.

Comment

I'd chop the top, you need windows and roof anyway, may as well make your work pay off

Comment

front clip is off, wheels are turning in my head ....... very scary thoughts

Click image for larger version

Name:	7-1-207.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	862863

Comment

figure i should do some kind of update, i spent a good part of sunday last week trolling thru a collection of chassis and suspension books i have then tonight sat down and did a rough and boy do i mean rough idea of what im thinking i want to do, i miss my old fenderless roadstered vw bug so i got to thinking ....Click image for larger version

Name:	56rend.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	866456

i want to keep the same wheel base, move the cab back on the new frame, make a new firewall, and a custom bed, cut up the front clip only using the nose along with sectioning and narrowing it

Comment

looks great.... will it be ready by Powertour?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sorry - I'm going to have to be the jerk on this one - if you want to cut up something to make a roadster out of it - why would you start with a very sought after pick up body style? I know it's rough by TX standards, but as a rust belt guy - I'd hate to see you cut it up, but after a few beers - I might help! LOL
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Where Boooghar lives rough is rough even by Michigan standards... dad's Taurus and S10 both ate rotors from rusted up caliper pins from just parking there half the year (he drives back and forth from there to Dallas). I won't say it's humid there either, but during our drought last year, notice the pretty green grass and happy trees everywhere?

You can just about rebuild the thing from a VIN these days, if he hates it too much there is replacement metal was my thinking.

I may have asked this already but I'm all fubar on the flu and pain meds - can you put this on an S10 chassis? A V6 and mini-blower would be righteous on this cut down dealio. Freiburger did a 300hp 4.3 about 10 years ago that I think would be cool as hell here.

/edit - 2002, It may have had a Vortech on it. I thought I remembered a Weiand.
                                Last edited by Beagle; January 22, 2013, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X