New Inline Ford Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Inline Ford Project

Its somthing differant in a 66 Mustang than your standard 289/302.....

1978 200 inline 6 ;D

Bored .060 over, balanced, 0 decked, 11:1 compression Clay Smith 274 duration .480 lift cam, RAS 1.6 ratio roller rockers, Classic Inlines performance balancer, double roller timing chain & gears, hardened pushrods, 7 qt oil pan, aluminum valve cover, dual out headers and 3500 rpm stall convertor.

Plus its got the new Classic Inlines Aluminum head and 4 Bbl intake, so no more integral intake and puny carb!

DUI distro, Accel wires, ARP rod bolts & head studs, 600 cfm Holley 4 bbl and 3:80 gears.

It weighs 2756 lbs with me and a 1/4 tank of gas. And yes the car has been put on a diet.

The best it ran last summer was a 15.28 @ 89 mph (1/4 mile) with a horrible 2.28 60' time boiling the right rear tire. Needs a trac loc.....

I race it at least twice a month....my local track is in Michigan and its a 153 mile round trip but I dont complain!

Just dropped the short block in tonite. Engine needed freshening up and the head gets dropped off monday at the machine shop for some new larger intake valves.

looking for mid 14's @ 93 mph this summer. N/A no power adder....not bad for 206 cubic inches.

Later,

Doug

Re: New Inline Ford Project

Any reason you can't run the 300 I-6?

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
      Any reason you can't run the 300 I-6?
      No reason I couldnt. I'd thought about it a few years ago but Classic Inlines introduced the new aluminum head this past summer for the small 6 so I'm staying with it.

Comment

Oh, okay. I always thought that the 300 was one of the best engines Ford ever made. Nice engine and Mustang by the way! ;D

Comment

Wow, that's three Ford inliners on the site. How cool.

Comment

Thanks!

Now my tow vehicle/daily driver truck has the 300 6....and yes I agree with you that the 300 6 was one of the best motors Ford ever made! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              The link to here was posted tonite at Fordsix.com

Cool thing you got going here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                Make that 4. Nice mustang and 200!

Comment

We're way into non-mainstream stuff here, so thanks a lot for coming along.

Comment

that's neat! will the head fit on a 250? would a 250 fit in the car? (I think the bellhousing is different, what else?)

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hey Doug, glad to see ya here! Squirrel yes the new head fits the 250. David I think there's atleast 3 of us from FORDSIX.COM here now. ;D

Comment

Very cool ... curious why you wouldn't spank that puppy with just a bit of Nitrous to kinda ... well you know... pick it up a bit...

Chad... well we've done one of these things and it's a pretty good time...

Honestly there was like a 75hp hit that was perfect...didn't hurt a thing...

K

Comment

Great car and motor! Where in Michigan? I'm from Ann Arbor, but retired to NC, on account of I'm old. I run a 250 Chevy in LSR, so I dig the inline stuff.

Later
                          Dan

Comment

David,

Cool looking forum! I'm always looking for more race tech and there is a bunch of it here!

Squirrel,

Yep the head will fit a 170 200 or 250. A 250 will fit in it but they are really rare around my area. Never seen one with my own eyes.

Rich,

Glad that you posted the link here! ;)

Keith, Thanks! jsut somthing differant. I've thought about adding a 75-125 shot but I'm not sure how the cast 4 cylinder pistons will hold up to it?

Dan,

I'm originally from S.W. lower Michigan but now I live in Northern Indiana. The track I race at is Knollgas Motorsports Park formerly the old Martin US 131 Dragway.

I like any and all brands inline stuff! I dont discriminate at all... ;D ;D

Comment

Ah! Glad to see ya made it Doug. I myself just joined/logged in. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the Ford-6 crowd find their way over here. Not to mention the Slant-6'ers & Inliner's International gangs 8). Nice site David & Chad. I hope it all pans out for you guy'z 8). ~OO6.

Comment

Working...
                              X