No announcement yet.

The Pontiac OHC Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a box full of valves today! For the head that needed an exhaust valve I now have a full set of exhaust valves for it, but the intake valves I got have the wrong seat angle. One set of the intake valves might work in my other head, but that head set up needs a valve spring replaced. Since I'm just throwing this engine together I'm just going to replace the one exhaust valve.

Genuine GM.

Good, Bad, Good. The retainer height is wrong and the cam follower was rubbing the retainer, which could unload the retainers and drop a valve.

So since I can now move forward with the project I decided to clean the remaining valves. Remember the head has been hot tanked and checked for cracks already.

My valve cleaning machine.

After some green scotchbright.

I'm on schedule to yank the 400 out of the Firebird this weekend. I now have all I need to assemble one engine. I think I'll assemble one engine, make the oil system modifications to bump the main pressure up to ~60psi and run an external oil line to the lash adjuster galley. I think I'll build an engine test stand to fire the engine up on while I get the engine bay prepped with the right frame mounts and some wiring harness updates. Plus I need to build another MS3 and wire the car up (and come up with the intake and EFI arraignment). I'm getting two sets of water jetted manifold flanges to weld up an intake and exhaust (or two sets of...)
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; October 15, 2012, 08:52 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Cool, gives me something to look forward to as this proceeds.
      Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Working...
      X